• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear mount radiators. ...Who has one?

I know the pics don't show the completed project but I sure hope you put some kind of a shield between you and the radiator :eeek:

Yep, a seat. :redneck: I kept meaning to make a shield for the hoses at least, but never got around to it. Eventually I want to make a halfcab back for it, and move the rad up and back so it blows the air out instead of right at my fuelcell. :redneck: I know, awesome planning, but thats what happens when you try to fit 10 gallons of **** in a 5 gallon bucket. :haha:

I ran a rear mount for years in the bed of a pickup, cooled great, kept the mud out of the radiator, 2 things that have to come into play is a vent place at the high point of the lines, and a rubber mount for the tubing ran back to the radiator so the tubing didn't get cracks from the stiff mounts.
I ran large aluminum radiator and two electric fans to cool, but really only ran one fan to keep things nice and cool.

Rad inlet higher than the outlet of the engine, maybe add a way to burp air out above the t-stat. Fans aint that loud, unless you use loud fans. Sometimes theres no other way to get it done so a rear rad is necessary. How many of the fastest most badasser 4wd race rigs have rear rads?

When I did my Last car, The rad was front mount, but it was for a turbo so there was no on-tank filler neck.
I opted to get an inline filler and put it at the highest point of the system.

The one I got was from a Dodge Durango, but they sell them almost everywhere. If I go this route I will incorporate my inline filler neck.

https://www.google.com/#q=inline+filler+neck

I am most likely doing a rear mount Radiator for the Subota.
If I do I plan to run galvanized fence post front to rear.= burly
Tons of success doing this properly.

cheers