• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rebuild/replacement pins for Aussie Locker?

JThompson

Trail-Gear gears? Rebuild/replacement pins for Aussie Locker?

I haven't yet opened my rear diff up yet, but am quite sure that the loud bang and shudder I got on Isabel yesterday was my locker pins shearing. I drove the truck down off the mountain at a crawl, with a lot of "snap, crackle, and pop" sounds along the way...

Anybody know where a guy could buy a "rebuild" for these things? I searched google, but got nothing....:booo:

Last edited:
Check the cereal isle at safeway:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

Ya, that wasn;t a happy noise by any means that came from the rear... I must say though... that upper area is SAWEET!:awesomework:

i had to buy a spring and pin kit for mine, it was like 16 bucks shipped.but if you were hearing alot of popping, id check out the gears too. they tend to not like chucks of metal being run threw them.

i had to buy a spring and pin kit for mine, it was like 16 bucks shipped.but if you were hearing alot of popping, id check out the gears too. they tend to not like chucks of metal being run threw them.

Ya, I am thinking the R&P might have some damage, judging by the sounds it was making on the way down:booo:

Not that I would know from personal experience:rolleyes: Just a shot in the dark:redneck: :haha:

Thanks guys. I must have been checking in the wrong areas for parts...?

Yeah, I am afraid for the R&P, but am hoping for the best!

I just ordered a set of pins from Aussie locker directly off their web sight. I placed the order Friday night. Received confermation on Sat. They shipped Monday and will be here tomorow. $16. for the pin and spring kit. I had to go to Randy's to get the MAin carier pin. That was like $14.

Great service as usual.

And I did fawk up the ring gear..... That was like another $300:booo:

So, here is another question... does anybody know what brand of gears Trail-queer sells? They are decently priced, plus I want to order other things from them as well. I like the one order/one shipment thing...

Otherwise, I will go to 4wheel parts and pay more, plus still have to order my items elsewhere!!!