• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Foothills Poop Chute Poll

Can you make it up and down the Poop Chute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well.............

I voted yes as well. I have been down poop shoot many times without any problem as long as i keep RubyDoo pointed straight down.

I figure i can always make it up and if she fails under her own power theres always the 8274.

My yota on 36's drives right up it. Seems easy as long as you stay on the gas. I bet most would make it if they tried. Hell, even pumperators 67 bronco (handicapped with boggers) made it.:redneck:

Down, yes... up... yes with a little bit of that "feeling" in the pit of my stomach. Carb'ed rigs will have a hard time, and rigs that aren't locked f/r may also have a harder time.

After riding up it with Bunk, I think the only appropriate way is to tighten up the harnesses, keep all arms and legs in the vehicle, and put the throttle to the floor. :redneck:

Last trip up in august i made it up in High range. No joke. I was following james and i didnt see him stop to put it into low range. Full pipe from the bottom, hit the top and bent the front wheel spraying water everywhere.

Sounds like most people are hitting it with speed..... wheel spin, loose dirt, mud, hill climb, no one willing to pull cable cause you "should" be able to make it.

We are going to have a water-fall/cliff here really soon.

That would be cool as an obstacle, not so good as a main route.

It also sounds like many of you are clicking "yes", because you *think* you could do it, or you could make it with work/effort. What if its the end of the day, your rigs broken or not running well. Locker broke.... then your risking it on the road.
________
Vapor Brothers Temperature Setting

Last edited:
Sounds like most people are hitting it with speed..... wheel spin, loose dirt, mud, hill climb, no one willing to pull cable cause you "should" be able to make it.

We are going to have a water-fall/cliff here really soon.

That would be cool as an obstacle, not so good as a main route.

It also sounds like many of you are clicking "yes", because you *think* you could do it, or you could make it with work/effort. What if its the end of the day, your rigs broken or not running well. Locker broke.... then your risking it on the road.

The last point is a really valid one. Although I would hope a cop would let you buy with that excuse, there are no guarantees. And I'm guessing the less legal your truck is, less likely he'd buy it.

It'd be cool if the DNR could get some grant money to put pavers up the chute, similar to what walker has with Jeep-Cross. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this board and in various clubs that would volunteer (I'd be there in a heartbeat) time to get that built.

You have your buddy give you a ride to get your tow rig and go get your shitbox.

People broken,

If their rig isn't up to par for the road should have a them trailered anyways since they are broken...Get a ride to the lot and bring the tow rig back.

The guys who's rigs are road legal can just drive down the street. :redneck:

People broken,

If their rig isn't up to par for the road should have a them trailered anyways since they are broken...Get a ride to the lot and bring the tow rig back.

The guys who's rigs are road legal can just drive down the street. :redneck:
true enough. But then you might be loading in the middle of the road if you can't make it back up to the upper powerlines.

Paving the poop shoot would kind of suck, not the end of the world, but its essential taking a trail/obstacle away.

As for "street legal".... if you REALLY start reading the RCW's, which I know many of you have, you could probably find that most wheeling rigs have some violation of another. Doors missing, something not working right, modified steering, and the biggest one, bumper heights.

Just playing devils advocate. Heck, how many of you (with out a new TJ or something) have a working license plate light? As for me, I'll end up taking my chance on the road if I can't make it up the shoot for whatever reason, or do the trailer shuffle.... but I'll try to Shoot first.
________
Tube ****

Last edited:
So why can't that highway be used as the go around for the poop shoot?.....What's that highways name again?......
Oh yeah, Sack up.

Well the poll is not reflective of the comments in the thread.....that's for sure. Looks more like 50/50. You must be able to drive up and down, so now we know that the Poop Chute (in it's current form) is not a viable option to driving on the paved road.

But what is a viable option?

It sounds like most do what I did when parking at the Main Lot.......drive down the Poop Chute at the start of the day and rush back to the Main Lot (bypassing the Poop Chute) at the end of the day.

I have always been fond of parking and unloading at the Upper Lot (Rock Garden) and running the trails from there.

Truth be told.......currently, the only viable option to vehicles that can not drive on the paved road is to decide what trails your group wants to run that day and park accordingly. Main Lot vs. Upper Lot.

Thay's what I'll be doing.:awesomework:

So why can't that highway be used as the go around for the poop shoot?.....What's that highways name again?......
Oh yeah, Sack up.
I didn't think that Sack-Up linked up around Poop Shoot, but now that I think about it your right (shows how much I've been out recently).

If you take the illegal highway... I mean bypass (which will become the default trail) around the stump, then the rest of the trail is pretty simple.

Ok, my Geographies off.... you go down the poop shoot, now your on the rock/river road that goes out to Reiter Road if you go right/down, or you go left/up and that leads to Sack-Up.... is there anything else off that area? Does the upper powerline area have a (simple) trail that reaches that area?

Man, its been too long. Might be time for a day-trip. Maybe the wife-mobile this weekend and a little walking... or maybe I should just shut up :haha:
________
ANAL MOVIE

Last edited:
Like this.....

Reiter_Upper_Access_2.jpg

doesn't look that tough :rolleyes:

It isnt really, Its more of a confidence thing. I figure by this july it will be alot easier, Either by the right side gettign eroded more or the big rocks letting loose and going down the hill.

i am lost looking at this map. dont know reiter good enough i guess.
but i thought you had to go down the poop chute to get to sac-up if you didnt drive the road? or just go around and run down sac up?

Latest posts