• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter WILL NOT open 20 June 2010!!!!

Since I'm not "near" Reiter, a lot of people around here don't hear much about it. I was surprised when two people at my shift started talking to me about it saying that is was opening next weekend. We all need to try an keep informing the uniformed:awesomework:

I also can't wait to see what we do at Reiter, with the Elbe log crawl and the Ranier Vista trail, and the talk of shotcrete at Reiter, we may be entering a new era in Western Washington wheeling.:awesomework:

Since I'm not "near" Reiter, a lot of people around here don't hear much about it. I was surprised when two people at my shift started talking to me about it saying that is was opening next weekend. We all need to try an keep informing the uniformed:awesomework:

I also can't wait to see what we do at Reiter, with the Elbe log crawl and the Ranier Vista trail, and the talk of shotcrete at Reiter, we may be entering a new era in Western Washington wheeling.:awesomework:

This shows that we ALL can help by spreading the TRUTH about Reiter and what is happening.

We need to make sure people know:

1) It is STILL closed.
2) There is progress being made both in restoration and planning.
3) The work party's are 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday every month.
4) Reiter Forest Watch program is started and needs volunteers.

Binder said:
Reiter WILL NOT open 20 June 2010!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got word deer flats road will not be opening June 20th as scheduled. All of Reiter will stay closed to all but foot traffic until further notice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Binder; Yesterday at 01:39 PM..

Regardless of how DNR puts this word out, there will still be a ton of people that have heard it WILL OPEN, be showing up expecting to find it open, road and trails.

So I will stick with my commitment to the Forest Watch Schedule to be there Sat June 19, 2010 to assure someone is there to tell the people that show up that things have changed and it is still closed until some future date and how to find that future date and what they can do to help hurry that date along. I hope the Forest Watch people scheduled for Sunday June 20, 2010 will still show up and do the same thing. :awesomework:

Regardless of how DNR puts this word out, there will still be a ton of people that have heard it WILL OPEN, be showing up expecting to find it open, road and trails.

So I will stick with my commitment to the Forest Watch Schedule to be there Sat June 19, 2010 to assure someone is there to tell the people that show up that things have changed and it is still closed until some future date and how to find that future date and what they can do to help hurry that date along. I hope the Forest Watch people scheduled for Sunday June 20, 2010 will still show up and do the same thing. :awesomework:

:awesomework: Saturday is definately still needed. Thanks for patrolling. I will be there Sunday for sure. David sent out an email earlier saying that there will be a work party Sunday as well.

I'm submitting press releases to the newspaper and all the media outlets that I can get to cover it. I will have something printed up before Saturday so you can have a handout dealing specifically with the closure. The DNR blog update has been drafted and should be updated tomorrow. I will post more info up soon.

I'll see you there Saturday.:awesomework:

Latest posts