• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Resolution thread

mckeddie

What are your resolutions ?

Day 1 of no Facebook. Amazing how many times I've picked up my phone to check it already!

Re:

I'm honestly going to try the whole resolution thing this year..... It's simple, but very important for me to do at this stage of my life. I want to try to be more content with what I have and where I'm at in life. I don't take a lot of time to realize it, but I'm very blessed. I spend way too much time WANTING, when I really have all I need. We could all definitely use more money, a better job, a bigger house, etc, etc.... I just want to appreciate things more and be content.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Resolutuon thread

I just want to wheel more. My xj made it on 3 rides in 16. Oh and find another job for my family's sake, the stress to pay ratio is way off where I'm at now.

Re:

I made a resolution a few years ago that has been pretty easy to keep and really works. Don't make new year's resolutions. When I want to change something, do it. Otherwise it wasn't something I felt strong about changing and my heart wasn't in it.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

Smoke more.
baafb4fdb494314d32e67b10277a14e5.jpg

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I made a resolution a few years ago that has been pretty easy to keep and really works. Don't make new year's resolutions. When I want to change something, do it. Otherwise it wasn't something I felt strong about changing and my heart wasn't in it.

Basically what I did a long time ago, then we were talking last night, and realized how much time we spend on our damn phones on facebook, so decided to cut that **** out. Gonna miss seeing all of Carey's hilarious stuff though. Hopefully he goes back to posting on here more again.

Re: Re:

mckeddie said:
Basically what I did a long time ago, then we were talking last night, and realized how much time we spend on our damn phones on facebook, so decided to cut that **** out. Gonna miss seeing all of Carey's hilarious stuff though. Hopefully he goes back to posting on here more again.
Yep. Casey is addicted to Facebook and Instagram. Just like he used to have it bad for this place. I rarely get on Facebook if I can help it. When I do, he has 15 posts in a row on the feed.

The Mrs and myself have officially started towards our first adoption. With a lot of help and God willing, we will have a little kiddo this year some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:

I did the same thing 20 years ago....

Best resolution ever!

Re:

Ride more and be safer when I do it. Took my new to me quad out on a ride today following some buggies. I told myself to be careful because it was my first time on a 4wd quad and I realized it would put me in a bad spot quick. I thought I was taking it easy and being safe and I was in a bad spot rolling backwards with my foot stuck as I was bailing and twisted my knee before I knew it.

My buddy rode the quad back to the truck as I crawled in somebody's buggy. As I was throwing my shoulder straps on he told me I'd be fine with a lap belt, I continued putting my straps on and even put my helmet on and told him that I won't be taking trail safety for granted this year or anymore years.

Be safe out there everybody. I felt bad enough limping around and having to ask a buddy take me to the truck. I could tell it was a downer to everybody that I was hurt and don't want to imagine how much of a downer it could of been.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:

Bingo. If you need a new year not to smoke, be a fat ****, or jack off to fisting videos on Sundays after church, you're gonna be doing that **** next new years. Have some ****ing will power.

Yeah, I don't do resolutions either. Although, coincidentally, I quit dipping toward the end of January last year and ain't had a dip since. Don't even remember the exact day I quit, just stopped buying it. Almost a year now. I still kinda miss it when I kick back in the recliner for a bit before bed, but it hasn't bothered me enough to the point of even considering buying another can.

Gym was packed tonight. I do think they lighten the load on the weights somehow cause I was mad handling big weight tonight (big weight for me not having lifted in 2 weeks)

Re: Re: Resolutuon thread

TacomaJD said:
Yeah, I don't do resolutions either. Although, coincidentally, I quit dipping toward the end of January last year and ain't had a dip since. Don't even remember the exact day I quit, just stopped buying it. Almost a year now. I still kinda miss it when I kick back in the recliner for a bit before bed, but it hasn't bothered me enough to the point of even considering buying another can.
Don't ever do it. I quit for over a year and made the mistake of bumming one one day and been wide open ever since.. it's harder to quit the second time :****:

Not really a new years resolution but I've been trying to limit my "phone" time. It's crazy how much time you waste bookfacinging and social media stuff. It's addicting and I cannot stand sitting around in groups of folks or even just me and the g/f and everyone on the phone. So I'm going to reduce the time I waste looking at everyone else's crap and worry about my own stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Resolutuon thread

Bumpers said:
Not really a new years resolution but I've been trying to limit my "phone" time. It's crazy how much time you waste bookfacinging and social media stuff. It's addicting and I cannot stand sitting around in groups of folks or even just me and the g/f and everyone on the phone. So I'm going to reduce the time I waste looking at everyone else's crap and worry about my own stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've always used my phone for an alarm clock and end up laying around playing on it before I go to sleep and when I wake up. Bought a regular alarm clock and been taking the phone and letting it charge in the basement. The farther away I am from it the easier it is to forget it. I've always got excited when I accidently smash one and have to wait to get a new one. Those days without it feel so much different. I want to be able to drop it on my own now. If it wasn't for the fact that I use it so much at work to listen to music and podcasts I'd probably go back to a flip phone.

Re: Re: Re: Resolutuon thread

onepieceatatime said:
I've always used my phone for an alarm clock and end up laying around playing on it before I go to sleep and when I wake up. Bought a regular alarm clock and been taking the phone and letting it charge in the basement. The farther away I am from it the easier it is to forget it. I've always got excited when I accidently smash one and have to wait to get a new one. Those days without it feel so much different. I want to be able to drop it on my own now. If it wasn't for the fact that I use it so much at work to listen to music and podcasts I'd probably go back to a flip phone.

I skipped my phone halfway across the pond last year. Didn't pick a new one up for over three weeks. It was a great time getting things done. Not one thing happened that I was needed for and couldn't be contacted. I checked email twice a day for work employees. Might do that again this upcoming year.

I want to bench press 405 for 5 reps and dead lift 650 once. When I'm not riding or trying to keep my buggy running, I'm at the gym.