• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Respect for "Crazy" Steve Alexander

patooyee

I've known someone that my brother and I lovingly refer to as "Crazy" Steve Alexander (bad80cj) for years now. I wouldn't call him one of my best friends simply because we haven't ever lived close enough together to hang out on a regular basis. But I do consider him a good friend who I met through my brother back in college and who I enjoy wheeling with as often as possible. When I met Steve let's just say that his life was in disarray.

I haven't wheeled with Steve in a long time because I've been building my buggy. But now that the buggy is done and I'm back on the trails I have noticed a couple things that both amaze me and have been consistent even from back when Steve earned his nickname of "Crazy" Steve. This guy turns wrenches for a living. Then he goes out on the weekend and is ALWAYS the first one to help turn wrenches on other people's **** when they break, and he is happy to do it. He has always been this way. In addition, while being slightly older than me, Steve has an abundance of energy that I don't think I've ever had, even in my younger days. He's always bouncing from this rig to that, helping fix this guy's driveshaft and another guy's broken link. He's like a little chunk of lightening just bouncing around.

In addition to the above, I'm aware that Steve has had some issues in his life which he seems to have worked hard to overcome. I'm not going to get any deeper than that on this topic simply because I don't know all the details and don't know how much of it he wants made public. But I will say that I have mad respect for him because I how hard some people have to work to overcome stuff like that.

Steve is still, and always will be, crazy in my book. But he is also deserving of my respect because I know he's been through some rough times, has come out better in the end, and will be there if I need him on the trail.

:dblthumb:

I've always liked ole Steve-O, even though he starts threads about my sister :flipoff1:

And that damn ball of energy and helping others on the trails also describes Julio to the T! :****: ....I'm 26 and ain't got half the damn energy as them old fawkers molaugh

:drinkers:

furthermore...i will NEVER ride in anything he is in control of...not a rig, daily driver, golf cart, anything that goes...ever

bbone said:
furthermore...i will NEVER ride in anything he is in control of...not a rig, daily driver, golf cart, anything that goes...ever

... or welded on ... :)

bbone said:

This for real. I've wheeled occasionally with Steve since back in the A.R.C.A. days and I know when he hits the trail give him lots of room.

Glad to see props to a good man.

I consider Steve a good friend, though we don't get to spend enough time around each other. He's helped me put my junk together many times.

Re:

This one time in Auburn.....I had to pee and umm, I went to the bushes and pulled my goober out and umm let 'er fly....but then, I couldn't get it back into my pants. And umm, Steve came and helped me put my junk back in....

:flipoff1:

Most of us thankfully have THAT GUY. In our groups.
I do I'll take this spot to thank him. He's made more than
1 trip to camp when I was broke or turned over in the dark
And outa gas. Thx

Ok here is a pic of my mom!

1174791_10153158729370554_1579295957_n.jpg