• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rhino 700 tire??

sexxy

Just picked up a 09 rhino 700. Has a 2-3" lift and 28" zillas on it. According to the rev limiter it is only getting 35-36mph. Seems to have ok low end but think it will bogg on steap hill or sticky mud but I'm just guessing. Got some 27" mudlites on my 660 and it is maxed out, as far as plenty of power. The 660 does not run out of power on the hills but it definitely does not want anymore tire. The 700 I don't have any hills around "local" to try it out. Any idea if I need to down size and what tire do you recommend if so.

xjcrawler said:
I just put 26's on mine with a JBS clutch and it runs mid 40's on flat ground and 50 on a slight down hill with no other mods. Go to http://www.jbsperformance.com for all your needs on go fast stuff, James will give you all the help you need. Or this forum for any other info http://hotrodforums.net/forums/forum.php

What this guy said.. James is the man when it comes to rhinos. You would be surprised how well you can make those old school one lungers run. Clutching makes all the difference in the world

The fella I got it from said he had about $1000 worth of clutch work done last year or year before don't remember which. Then had the internal clutch replaced late last year early this year. Also don't know who he had do the work.

Will the 28s be to much for the axles/cv's. Also what about power on long steep hills?

Re:

If its only getting 36 mph its either not clutched correctly or possibly the grease in the sheave needs to be changed. Could be full of dirt and mud dried up and causing the weights to stick.. if its clutched right it should hit mid 40s and shift out nice.

If he paid 1k for clutch up grades that negro got raped lol

Re:

Bumpers said:
If he paid 1k for clutch up grades that negro got raped lol

That's kinda what I was thinking. Will pull the clutch cover and check it out the grease. I put greaseless rollers/sliders and a shim in the 660 and it really woke up.

Pulled the cover and cleaned the clutch and installed greaseless weights. Still only getting 37mph and it is hitting the rev limiter. Could it be the 28 zillas on ss212's?

with the clutch cover off rev it all the way out in park and watch the belt make sure it rides all the way up the sheave. I would say the guy may have gotten screwed on the clutch work. Those tires are heavy but I would stil think if its clutched right that you would get more mph out of it.

Do you suppose they put a murder spring in the secondary? Would that cause it to stay lower geared? Seems to turn the 28s fine on flat ground and the small hill I have here, but have not got to "test" it out.

I didn't pay any attention to the spring when I was in there cleaning the primary.

Mine 700 on 27's runs about 41mph with stock clutch and sheeve to my knowledge with the factory CDI box. My friends that has all the clutch mods done will flat out leave me on the road but in the woods it's not much different

Latest posts