• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RIP Scott Weiland

bbone said:
could have been natural causes...

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Sorry, sorry, that was a bit cold of me...
But you can't say you are surprised at this one. Even if it was "natural causes" I'm sure it was related to some kind of health condition related to whatever he had been shooting into his veins for the past 20 years on a fairly regular basis.
And for the record I loved STP - they were my era of grunge...

Re:

It's hard to feel bad for used to be rockstar, millionaire, junkies.

sent from an anus from an asus

pholmann said:
Man I cannot believe he lived this long. He had a hell of a life long drug problem.

x2!

Smelling like a rose on his birthday death bed.

Man they had some good tunes, some of which, still reside on a few of my rock playlists on my phone.

Beerj said:
It actually is his birthday today...

Wow, makes me almost wonder if it was a accident, natural (because of abuse ) or suicide?

Fixed your quote..... I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

If you liked rock in the 90, you had to like STP!

29fc10f6bc0454226cd967cf4d5f69b8.jpg

How's that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
It really paints a picture of the impact that drug addiction has on the loved ones of the addicts huh.

Sure does. Hits home slightly for me. I had a "functional alcoholic" as a father...tried his best and did a pretty good job as a father...but it was bad when I was old enough to clean him up off the floor when he was so drunk he couldn't stand. Made me never want to be like that and I am probably a different kind of father because of it, and that's not even the kind of abuse we are talking about with Scott Weiland.
I hope someone can get some good out of her message/article.

I don't feel bad for the guy at all. Don't start drugs, and it becomes pretty ****ing easy to not be addicted in the first place. Then again I'm just a guy that has never even drank a full beer in his life. 2 dudes that were at one point best friends of mine have both died of OD on heroin. Both in their 20's, both with a kid. Hope it was worth it.

It's sad for the kids though.

nhl_bullitt said:
I don't feel bad for the guy at all. Don't start drugs, and it becomes pretty ****ing easy to not be addicted in the first place. Then again I'm just a guy that has never even drank a full beer in his life. 2 dudes that were at one point best friends of mine have both died of OD on heroin. Both in their 20's, both with a kid. Hope it was worth it.

It's sad for the kids though.

I used to have that mentality, but you must come to terms with the fact that everyone is not mentally stable as others. Aside from drugs, he had several illnesses, as a lot of great musicians do. Most of which, are not drug induced, but moreso with the mild-severe mental issues, comes drug use.

A lot of folks don't know the history on Ben Burnley of Breaking Benjamin, for example. He used to be a hardcore alcoholic, manic depression engulfed him, and he actually stated in a live interview that he began to drink hard with hopes that he just would eventually drink himself to death. He has severe paranoia about several things, one of which is flying. The band never toured outside the U.S., because he is so afraid of flying.

Drugs are bad, but they are not always the initial problem leading to one's demise. Most have self destructive personalities that know only how to fail, such as Kurt Cobain and many others that have passed throughout the years.

Here's a great line from another link I found. The name of STP was originially Shirley Temple's ***** back in its hay day hahahaha

"According to a 1993 SPIN article, Scott Weiland had been playing in bands since he was 15 and met bassist Robert DeLeo at a Black Flag concert in Long Beach. After recruiting DeLeo's brother Dean on guitar and Eric Kretz on drums, the group recorded a demo as Mighty Joe Young. The name, however, already belonged to a blues musician, so the band chose Shirley Temple's ***** as an alternative. After signing with Atlantic Records in 1989, the band was pressured to rename again, settling on Stone Temple Pilots to maintain the STP initials."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/scott-weiland-a-photo-history-of-his-wild-life-20151204/1986-mighty-joe-young-formed-20151204

Latest posts