• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

River rafting

halcat

Me and Rockwell 1 are a fixin to park the ole buggies and hit the river. we are going to put in at Ktown in the Tennessee river Friday morning and head down to Nickajack. We plan on stoping somewhere in watts bar and rent a cabin friday night and continue to chattanooga Saturday night. Hit the town that night an go on early Sunday morning to Hale Bar marina You fisherman that know watts bar know a sweet cabin on the lake around the ten mile area we could stay at. We are doing this the last weekend in June. we will get a motel in Chattanooga Saturday night. I checked on a cabin in Grandview 42 but well see. I believe this will be a good adventure.

BTW we are not going on a raft. Steve's boat is a 353 fastech with twin 496 ers and I have a 24' chap with 454 mag.

Sounds like a fun trip. I have a VIP Vindicator I'm trying to get rid of if you know of anybody looking. procharged 502 mag mpi, SOB is fast :****:

My kind of peeps! I got a 24' Baja, make the trip from Scottsboro to Chattanooga a couple times a year! Love the river!

zukimaster said:
My kind of peeps! I got a 24' Baja, make the trip from Scottsboro to Chattanooga a couple times a year! Love the river!

I'm poor, I can't afford boats like that but I stay on the Tennessee river during the summer. I hit the lake every chance I get. Went Sunday. Was an awesome day. This was prater flats close to ft loudon dam. Hell of a party.

c06efaa5222115a78445781eda5e96c0_zpsawbeds0l.jpg

Anyone got a review for the floating cabins at Hale marina on Nickajack? I've been wanting to run the Guntersville to Chattanooga and stretch my Donzi out a bit and stay there. Rambo marine does that run every year, going to run it with them this year. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
Anyone got a review for the floating cabins at Hale marina on Nickajack? I've been wanting to run the Guntersville to Chattanooga and stretch my Donzi out a bit and stay there. Rambo marine does that run every year, going to run it with them this year. thumb.gif
Hales Bar is about the halfway point between Scottsboro and Chattanooga, and I believe the only place to get gas, we always stop there, nice little store, for ice and beer etc. but if you make it that far, I think you would be a lot happier to go on to Chattanooga, because they is nothing at Hales bar! if you run around 40ish, only about a hour from there to Chat. Chattanooga is so cool for a boater, pull up, and tie off, walk up the stairs, and you in downtown! all the motels, and restaurants you could want, and everything is in walking distance.

zukimaster said:
Hales Bar is about the halfway point between Scottsboro and Chattanooga, and I believe the only place to get gas, we always stop there, nice little store, for ice and beer etc. but if you make it that far, I think you would be a lot happier to go on to Chattanooga, because they is nothing at Hales bar! if you run around 40ish, only about a hour from there to Chat. Chattanooga is so cool for a boater, pull up, and tie off, walk up the stairs, and you in downtown! all the motels, and restaurants you could want, and everything is in walking distance.

Cool, this is the marina right off 24 by the old dam? I know a lady who's brother's friends dentists veterinarian who knew a guy that saw someone at Walmart talking about the cabins... If ya'll make that run from G'ville to Chattanooda, give me a shout. Like to tag along in my dinghy :woot:

Yep! that is them, we most of the time go toward the end of June, and in August, we have a blast! about 10-15 boats, we make a day out of it, stop for beer and swimming breaks about every 30 min. no hurry at all! I will keep you posted when it is, and the more people the better.

zukimaster said:
Yep! that is them, we most of the time go toward the end of June, and in August, we have a blast! about 10-15 boats, we make a day out of it, stop for beer and swimming breaks about every 30 min. no hurry at all!

Now that's what I'm talking about. Give me a shout if you need someone to carry the beer. :drinkers: It's all about me! Woops, wrong thread :flipoff1:

There is a couple cabins and a Marina with live entertainment/bar/food on Watts Bar, I've stayed there a couple times...cool place, I will try to get the info in a day or two.

How long does it take to make it from Guntersville to Chattanooga? Do yall go there and back in the same day? Id like to make this trip.

Also, yall fools report to my spinoff thread.