• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

roc crawlers

Nyitro

holy crap, those are kool, I might have to get rid of my nitro and get one of these. Do you build these or buy them? Whats the best way?:hi:

looked at different sites and watched some vids, but where would I start? Is there a better place to get parts localy or what? :helpsmilie:

Nyitro said:
looked at different sites and watched some vids, but where would I start? Is there a better place to get parts localy or what? :helpsmilie:

Go buy a stock tlt and start from there. Lots of cool stuff for them.

Most are built. Find some axles and build how you want. Best way? whatever works for you. There are soooo many options on how to build or what chassis to buy(if you don't want to build one)

I spent 2x as much money on mine as I should have out of being impatient and not knowing any better. Either take you time and do some research, or look at used one's that are complete, they cost way less, and even if they have some problem's you will still be money ahead. I have a torsion clod and after watching other's, honestly I think it's the only thing I would ever own (clod). I used to have a nice chassis and my crawler was probably worth 6 or 7 hundred dollar's, now that it's torsion it's worth half that. definitely not possible to get out without losing you're ass.

As far as selling you're nitro... I don't know, I just discovered nitro recently and havent touched my crawler other than a few times couch crawling. I am digging my nitro because I can go to the local track and race with people at any given time, where as the crawler I am lucky to hook up with someone once per 1 or 2 week's.

darius said:
I spent 2x as much money on mine as I should have out of being impatient and not knowing any better. Either take you time and do some research, or look at used one's that are complete, they cost way less, and even if they have some problem's you will still be money ahead. I have a torsion clod and after watching other's, honestly I think it's the only thing I would ever own (clod). I used to have a nice chassis and my crawler was probably worth 6 or 7 hundred dollar's, now that it's torsion it's worth half that. definitely not possible to get out without losing you're ass.

As far as selling you're nitro... I don't know, I just discovered nitro recently and havent touched my crawler other than a few times couch crawling. I am digging my nitro because I can go to the local track and race with people at any given time, where as the crawler I am lucky to hook up with someone once per 1 or 2 week's.

He said it best. i sold all my fast one's to only go and buy others. Have some of both.
Definitially buy a used on first. Get the idea of setup and what they can do. Then modify from there.
I would recomend starting with a Clod axled crawler. Easy to work with, very popular and simple to modify the chassis to your liking since there's no drivlines. Plus if you buy a shaft driven(shafty) crawler you'll get walked all over by a clod style crawler. Then you'll end up getting one anyway.

That and TLT's are now discontinued. I started with a clod and love it. Im now going to build a TLT, but they are going to be hard to find parts for shortly.

I've got a tlt, bender chassis, 2.2 RTR for sale. $450 everything you need plus battery. head over to warcrc.org and sign up. It's under buying/selling
(RTR TLT SW2 !!!$450!!!)

aftermarket parts will be avail for a long time, there are so many venders out there selling them, even tamiya will continue to support the parts for a few years or more. With all the goodies avail you dont even need a single tamiya part to buils a tlt based rig

Latest posts