• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell front and rear steer

kody29

I'm finishing up my new build and I'm running 2 type 2 pumps but I heard of a guy running a single ford pump and I'm trying to figure out part number or info on this he said it works great no noise and is very fast. If someone is doing this I would like some info or would like to know what everyone else is running on front and rear steer?

I ran dual krc pumps on my last one, head mount on one pump, block mount on other pump very easy to set up, but I did just run one reservoir for both pumps

I am also running krc on front pump and ford pump for rear pump works great . Never heard of a single pump working great for both for two reasons 1.) not enough reservoir fluid if both Rams are extended (if single ended) 2.) when using front and rear at the same time there isn't enough fluid being pumped with one pump to supply them both at the same time

I'm running a single pump with stock reservoir on an LS. It feeds both my front and rear fine. Could it be better?? I'm sure.
I've never ran a dual setup but a friend is running psc pump that is spose to handle double duty an it's no better than my stick pump......
All that being said I always carry a spare pump in tow rig just in case.... May have just got lucky..

slytowncrawler2 said:
I'm running a single pump with stock reservoir on an LS. It feeds both my front and rear fine. Could it be better?? I'm sure.
I've never ran a dual setup but a friend is running psc pump that is spose to handle double duty an it's no better than my stick pump......
All that being said I always carry a spare pump in tow rig just in case.... May have just got lucky..
How did you plumb it? Pressure through the open center of the rear valve into the P port of the orbital? That give you full rear power, but robs front power while you rear steer. Or did you do flow divider valve, or otherwise (power beyond orbital etc)

I have two stock gm p pumps on mine while the old psc pump gets rebuilt. They work a 100 times better than a friends ssingle psc pump. Plus having two separate systems will let you drive out no matter what steering part dies.