• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ron davis radiator Q

dove'd85

alittle info to bring you up to par on my build

89 toy extra cab, 4cyl, rad will be located basically were the stocker is, slightly tilted back. roughly 10-15*, getting rid of the stock fan for an electric fan

the stock rad is just to big, i want one that is much smaller that will have the same cooling capibalities as the stocker, i am thinking a two or three core rad, thickness is no issue (preferable no thicker then 4-5inches)

school me:D

alittle info to bring you up to par on my build

89 toy extra cab, 4cyl, rad will be located basically were the stocker is, slightly tilted back. roughly 10-15*, getting rid of the stock fan for an electric fan

the stock rad is just to big, i want one that is much smaller that will have the same cooling capibalities as the stocker, i am thinking a two or three core rad, thickness is no issue (preferable no thicker then 4-5inches)

school me:D

Ron Davis radiators are the ****!! They are quite spendy but very good quality and will custom build you what you need.

Have you looked at the summit and Jegs aluminum radiators??
two 1" cooling rows and very economical.

Go onto there web site and click on custom radiators. Then put your dimensions and details of what ya want on there template and they will build you what you want. Just make sure you put the little things you think they might just put in cause its a radiator, like the drain plug and filler cap. They did mine and I love it, a little spendy though.

Go onto there web site and click on custom radiators. Then put your dimensions and details of what ya want on there template and they will build you what you want. Just make sure you put the little things you think they might just put in cause its a radiator, like the drain plug and filler cap. They did mine and I love it, a little spendy though.

whats alittle spendy? we talking more then $500

rough demensions for my app would be 12-14 wide by 12-14 tall by a couple inches thick, i am going to call them in the morning and see what i can work out, aswell as spend some time searching online tonight for other rads....

whats alittle spendy? we talking more then $500

rough demensions for my app would be 12-14 wide by 12-14 tall by a couple inches thick, i am going to call them in the morning and see what i can work out, aswell as spend some time searching online tonight for other rads....

Dude that's a tiny radiator, what you trying to cool..... a lawn mower?

Last edited:
Dude that's a tiny radiator, what you trying to cool..... a lawn mower?

yup:kiss::rolleyes: but seriously those were just guestiments

after some time spent at a buddies house and alittle measuring i think that a 22x16x3in rad will work i think they sell one that size for a chev, in any case it's only $250+ well find out today if it will work for sure:awesomework:

waiting on a phone call so i can go pick up my new fan, and get to work, got to finish up my bro's rig before i can work on mine:rb:

Ron Davis is really proud of there stuff and they dont put priority on non Vendors. If you order it yourself you will be waiting about 6-8 months for it. Go to S&N and you will get it in 2-3 weeks. :awesomework:

yup:kiss::rolleyes: but seriously those were just guestiments

after some time spent at a buddies house and alittle measuring i think that a 22x16x3in rad will work i think they sell one that size for a chev, in any case it's only $250+ well find out today if it will work for sure:awesomework:

waiting on a phone call so i can go pick up my new fan, and get to work, got to finish up my bro's rig before i can work on mine:rb:

The RonDavis with a Fan and shroud all nicely built in are pretty reasonably priced when you buy it as a package ready to go.