• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Running out of gas

Zjman said:
That's a epic funny ass story. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boy you talking about mad as fukkk.. I cussed the whole damn time I was pushing. Toward the end I got to the point of being so mad that I really just had to sit back and laugh at how stupid the whole scenario was. Lol

Ran out a handful of times. Once was stupidity, nothing but my fault. Didnt pay attention and turned left instead of right, to the gas station. Ran out 1.5-2miles from station. Had I turned right would have been going to the station.

Wife drove the beater to work and back. Ran out halfway to gas station 3 miles from my house on the way to fill up.

2000 2500 old body style crew cab 4wd a couple times. Gauge didnt work and hauling rig back from riding. Kept extra can of gas in it because you never knew if it was going to get 11, 10 or 8mpg. It sucked gas.

Re: Re: Running out of gas

TacomaJD said:
Boy you talking about mad as fukkk.. I cussed the whole damn time I was pushing. Toward the end I got to the point of being so mad that I really just had to sit back and laugh at how stupid the whole scenario was. Lol
I would've been laughing at my dumbass the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've ran out twice in our 76 CJ since we got it a couple months ago. Pretty confident the gauge sticks at 1/4 and then let's loose when you run out if it's been awhile. I ran my truck out last year once, I knew I needed gas so I was going to get some and decided to take my dog with me because his health was declining and I knew I'd have to put him down within the next couple days. I was getting as little emotional as I had to pick him up and put him in the seat that he usually could just hop right in. We'll that made me forget my wallet till I was halfway to the station and had to turn around and come back to get it and on the way back I ran out cresting the hill that the gas station was at the bottom of.

TBItoy said:
I ran out a few days ago in the Yukon. 1/4 tank means empty apparently.

There was a guy with a lawnmower trailer at Mini Burger across the road, I walked in and asked to borrow his gas can.
He says "yeah help yourself, I just filled it up". Took it, put it in the Yukon, drove across the road to the gas station and filled up my tank and his can and put it back on his trailer

Most convenient out-of-gas scenario ever.
Bonus is when I ran out I coasted into a liquor store and the guys riding with me wanted to stop at a liquor store anyway.
Dude, I fawking miss Mini Burger. I could put a hurting on those things.

Side note, I used to live in the white house at the top of the hill diagonal to there. I could hit mini burger and that gas station with a well formed loogie.

I ran outta propane in my buggy at windrock this summer. We dipped off of trail 16 at about 2 am one night back onto a gravel trail. Went about 5 minutes and that was it. Had to get pulled to paved road but pussed out on coasting it down the mountain with having to turn full hydro with the engine not running. Made a buddy run to the tow rig and grab a tank. Funny thing is we were heading to town to get gas for a JK that ran out of gas in the middle of 16.

Whew....16 is a waaaaay out thuuuuur.

That story made me remember running out of gas on Rail Trail.....forgot about that. Rail Trail, it's aaaaaaaallways somthin'. I think what happened is that we did a 2 day Windrock ride. I filled up to the top on Saturday and we rode around the easy/mild stuff then Sunday we did all the bigger stuff. Just so happened I ended up being the "parts runner" for broke down rigs and I guess all the driving sucked the gas right out of it.

It wasn't out, but was low enough that when I got an an angle coming out of the last obstacle of Rail, it died. Me being me, I figured the crank fell out of it and landed on an endangered species which would cost me 10grand and jail time. We syphoned out about 2 gallons from other rigs and I was on my way.

The fuel pump was ALOT louder after that incident. It was then replaced with a new one and moved to "spare" duties in the glove box.

91rctoyota said:
I ran outta propane in my buggy at windrock this summer. We dipped off of trail 16 at about 2 am one night back onto a gravel trail. Went about 5 minutes and that was it. Had to get pulled to paved road but pussed out on coasting it down the mountain with having to turn full hydro with the engine not running. Made a buddy run to the tow rig and grab a tank. Funny thing is we were heading to town to get gas for a JK that ran out of gas in the middle of 16.
We had a yota buggy break and my brother pushed him to get him started down that mountain and like a dummy he jumped on the back of the axle housing and held on. Buggy wasn't running and guy wouldn't stop out of humor, my brothers legs hurt so bad from the vibrations plus the low hanging limbs about took him out in one curve, he's as tall as me but only 300lbs. He will never do that again.

Re: Re: Running out of gas

Zjman said:
We had a yota buggy break and my brother pushed him to get him started down that mountain and like a dummy he jumped on the back of the axle housing and held on. Buggy wasn't running and guy wouldn't stop out of humor, my brothers legs hurt so bad from the vibrations plus the low hanging limbs about took him out in one curve, he's as tall as me but only 300lbs. He will never do that again.

Dude looked like he was on a scooter
59bffdc8955f71a7404f424cbbd1c2d2.jpg
5706f5e30e4e4a433bba6275b62c10c8.jpg

onepieceatatime said:
Dude looked like he was on a scooter
59bffdc8955f71a7404f424cbbd1c2d2.jpg
5706f5e30e4e4a433bba6275b62c10c8.jpg

I thought someone got pics. That's some funny ass ****. Good one Zach

My ex wife did this weekly, would run till light came on and then keep going. Told her, after first time I helped her. After this your awn your own!
Right after our divorce her truck wouldn't crank and had it towed to local shop by me, they called me next day and said hey your ex drive on fumes, said all time, she had ran out of gas and truck wouldn't crank when she got off work. They put 5 gallons in it and fired right up.

So happy my current wife doesn't do that, heck she gets to 1/4 left and she heads to work early to fill up.

tonybolton said:
Whew....16 is a waaaaay out thuuuuur.

That story made me remember running out of gas on Rail Trail.....forgot about that. Rail Trail, it's aaaaaaaallways somthin'. I think what happened is that we did a 2 day Windrock ride. I filled up to the top on Saturday and we rode around the easy/mild stuff then Sunday we did all the bigger stuff. Just so happened I ended up being the "parts runner" for broke down rigs and I guess all the driving sucked the gas right out of it.

It wasn't out, but was low enough that when I got an an angle coming out of the last obstacle of Rail, it died. Me being me, I figured the crank fell out of it and landed on an endangered species which would cost me 10grand and jail time. We syphoned out about 2 gallons from other rigs and I was on my way.

The fuel pump was ALOT louder after that incident. It was then replaced with a new one and moved to "spare" duties in the glove box.

Is rail trail worth the ride out there? (got a yota buggy on 37s) Been to windrock twice now and haven't even scratched the surface of that park

I think so....grab some spare parts....food....a buddy (or 3)....make sure winch works and have at it.

There are really just two bad spots after that it's a pretty damn cool Trail in my opinion.

Re:

We only ran out and caused a couple others to run out/get close. LS plus sensor issues equals a thirsty (rich) condition. Lee will have it sorted and will be back next weekend.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk