• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

salmon fishing in the rivers

u in a boat ? i been useing 1/8 white jig :redneck:

I've caught more pinks over the years casting a 1/8oz or 1/4oz white jig from shore than on anything pink. If things are slow, I'll add some shrimp oil but I'm not totally convinced it makes a difference.

This year, however, my buddy has been outfishing me for the first time just casting those pink "humpy special" spoons on a slooooww retrieve.

Attachments

• rogue.jpg
    rogue.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 150
damn thats a nice lookin fish.. i will probably get burned for saying this but is that a steel head?

Mine? No. Wild female king (aka chinook, 'Nook, blackmouth) salmon - roughly 23 pounds. I didn't get a picture of her out of the water since she fought for so long and was pretty tired. I'm reviving her in that pic - one hand on the tail, one on the camera phone :redneck:.

All the steelhead we caught that day were unworthy of pictures. :looser:

Last edited:
Mine? No. Wild female king (aka chinook, 'Nook, blackmouth) salmon - roughly 23 pounds. I didn't get a picture of her out of the water since she fought for so long and was pretty tired. I'm reviving her in that pic - one hand on the tail, one on the camera phone :redneck:.

All the steelhead we caught that day were unworthy of pictures. :looser:

thanks for clearin that up for me:redneck:...

a couple guys went fishin and we limited out in 3 hours . let alot go ... theres some big kings in orting right now... ive limited out everyday at every river ive been to..

I have been using a **** nite 50/50 spoon (half nickel half brass) with a foot and a half leader and then a 1/2 ounce cannon ball shot out on the snohomish. I typically limit out in about an hour and a half.

I have been using a **** nite 50/50 spoon (half nickel half brass) with a foot and a half leader and then a 1/2 ounce cannon ball shot out on the snohomish. I typically limit out in about an hour and a half.

how big of a **** night are you using and what part of the snohomish do you typically fish

I have been catching them with just a corky. drifting it under a bobber.
Monroe has been doing well, i limited yesterday and Tuesday in about 45 min.:cheer::cheer:

**** Nites spoons, I have been getting a fish almost every cast. I only keep nice bright sliver fish. I got a lot of eggs reedy to go.

I won a buddy's "Snoopy Rod Humpy Derby" yesterday with this one. (They were out of Snoopy rods so I figured the pink Barbie one was apropo for the pink salmon). :D

Caught on a Wee **** Nite, BTW. Nickel/Chartreuse seemed to be the most productive.

Attachments

• derby.jpg
    derby.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 79