• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Salvage yards in the Chattanooga,TN area

Bebop

Hi guys,

I'm new in the Chattanooga area. Trying to find some good yards to go an pick some parts I need.

I like the Pull-a-Part concept, but the closest one is in Knoxville if I'm not mistaking.

I have searched via Google,found some salvage yards, but I'd like to know if there are good places that you guys use / would recommend ?

Thanks

Knoxville is only 90 minutes from you. It's worth the drive if you need multiple parts, especially the old stuff. I got a wheelbarrow OVERfull of **** for the '64 F100 I used to have, all for less than $40. If you need a driver door handle for your '98 Saturn, look local.

There opening a pull a part up in Chattanooga off workman rd. They have the building and gravel lot done. but no cars have showed up yet. should be opening some time this year. until that opens we have bohannon's but its not really that great. Prolly worth driving to Knoxville like 5brothersfabrication said.

There is an LKQ facility that has been built and sitting for months now, but no one in the entire company seems to know when it might open.

There are a few down towards Rossville (same general area as LKQ), but most are owned by the worst that humanity has to offer. Real assholes.

Glenn's in Rockwood has a TON of stuff, but getting a consistent answer as to what they have, how much they want for it, and if you can even get on the property to look for it yourself is next to impossible.

I'm sure there are options out there that I haven't come across yet, so I'm keeping my eye open, but its not real promising.

Best of luck, post up if you find somewhere worth a trip.

I buy used parts almost on a daily basis depending on whats in the shop the guys i use are mostly in middle Tn area I use Turners Auto salvage in McMinville LKQ in Manchester and some times Ballards in Cleveland area but none of them are pull a part type yards maybe this will help you

I've gotten things at one in Soddy Daisy, B&B I think, but they are very inconsistant on pricing and may change the price by the time you pull the part. Potts on flattop is decent and there is another one just down the street from him, can't remember the name, and he's a real decent guy but you have to actually find someone there.

Thanks a lot guys, keep em coming.

I'm gonna check some and let you know.

You have seatons and Morgan's both in niota, tn and Both of them are pull a part is a lot closer than Knoxville. Need directions lmk