• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

school me on air bags

stano

So, this is a spin off/request for more info of this thread. http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=53771.0

I'm gathering info for the long bed swap on a 06-09 Mega cab. After much research, I think I'm gonna 4 link and bag the rear. (probably notch the frame and bed also) My goals are simple, but if I have to cut/extend the frame for the 8' bed, why not make the splice over the axle and build in mounts for the air bags. There is countless specs/info out there about bags, but I'd like some personal experience if any body has any.

By bagging it, I'm not wanting to drag the frame, just level out a 2wd and have a nice ride as possible, so, I'll need some adjust-ability based on the load.

I don't want a bag that has to have 200 psi due to a harsh ride. I also don't want a bag I have to under inflate to get the ride height I'm after.

Any body have specific info or links to real world stuff?

This is a good idea of where I'm headed, just without the donk wheels. Probably slightly over sized tire and wheel, just not these with "Kidney killer" sidewalls.
3ca6be7b365f427e24d6a818e671fc61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not build it around the same bags (or same size bags) dodge is using stock on new trucks

No need to reinvent the wheel (bag).....

I hadn't even considered that......I'll look into it. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Are the new bags one 2500-3500s? Or just half ton trucks?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The 1500's can have full air bag suspension front and rear. While the 2500 and 3500's can have load leveling air bags in the rear, but not full air bag suspension. Hope that makes sense...