• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on brake controllers

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
My last 2 tow rigs already had controllers and I just adjusted them and went with it. My new one doesn't have one just an exhaust brake. I've seen timed ones and proportion ones but don't really know the difference. I'll mostly be pulling a double axle trailer with brakes on one axle that's around 7-8k pounds. Occasionally a gooseneck with 2 jeeps but that's rare. Tow rig is a 07.5 Cummins with a few mods.
So what would be a good controller, looking for first hand experience and what type.
Thanks Marc

I know that the other thread is busting on P3's, but I love mine, it has worked flawless for me.

Some factory brake controllers will not "communicate" with trailer brakes unit on trailers, look on etrailer.com for what truck you have and controller is on your trailer. My 2010 GMC had this problem with my boat trailer and I had to change out the entire brake unit on the trailer. Expensive but now works. thumb.gif

mdo817 said:
I know that the other thread is busting on P3's, but I love mine, it has worked flawless for me.

Same here. I had a cheap Auto Zone one before the P3 that worked, but needed constant adjusting it seemed like. Installed a P3 on my truck and LOVE it.

Latest posts