• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scouts on the crushers(pics)

binderbound

We took advantage of the 80* forcast and hit TSF. Most of the trails are closed for 'erosion':rolleyes: but we tried for the crushers. warmed up on power line section and fire break 5. Hit snow right at the top of 5. Pushed through some deep snow cone drifts but made it in fairly easily.

warmed up on the small upper loop.
cpcrenter1ln.jpg

chris was denied on the usual clock wise path so he went through the other direction. AKA, counter clockwise:clappy:
cpcrbypass5ku.jpg

apparently Chris's scout didnt want to leave so it **** the rear drive shaft about 10 feet from the exit. Sweet 1310 to 14 bolt conversion joint.
chriscarnage3mh.jpg

I fared a little better. This line is the easier of the 2 around this tree.:looser:
bypassexit8xo.jpg

The snow is still pretty deep. Its super decieving with everything covred in a foot or 2 of snow.
snoweycrusher6nk.jpg

this is the big offcamber slab befor the hard turn into the trees.
crusherledge4hc.jpg

The lower large loops were BURIED still. When we walked down just to check it out we sank hip deep several times. There is a pretty serious climb out of there so we decided that we should wait till some better conditions:rb: None of us wanted to get to the bottom just to spend all night winching out.

Last edited:
Harvester of Sorrow said:
:cool:

When I get a tow rig I am soooo there Dan.

Chris was denied because of his full widths. To get through that opening with full widths you need to hammer through. Carbs dont like to hammer through. It didnt help that it was pretty wet.

Bring it sucka!:D

binderbound said:
Chris was denied because of his full widths. To get through that opening with full widths you need to hammer through. Carbs dont like to hammer through. It didnt help that it was pretty wet.

Bring it sucka!:D

you talking about going to the right (counter-clockwise) right at the beginning...???

that little spot through the trees is decieving....there a few spots in there that somehow just totally fawk a full-size truck...
I don't think Hugh or I have ever just "tip-toe'd" through there....there's always been some sort of bump-and-rub manuever thrown in.....even in the dry...

and if you make it down sometime Mark, you best let me know...

--B

Yeah, right at the begining. Left puts you into the big rocks, right sends you into the little trees. Chris went right cuz of the 'denial' by the big rocks.

Your gonna love that scout body Bern. I walked through there in under 5 min and didnt touch a tree. I did take the easy side of the little tree(pic) though:rolleyes:

I think im gonna pinch the tail end pretty soon. I weigh 4350 right now, so dropping a little weight and picking up more clearance sounds like a win-win situation.

ya,
that all I really want.....
the bronco a little bit narrower, and down around 5000#'s and that thing would be alot of fun....alot of the stupid $hit that it has problems with now would be alot less work....

I'm pricing out ends for the rear 4-link right now.....MAN....this $hit is gonna be EXPENSIVE.....

don't think I'm gonna be able to afford this AND the Hydro steering.....I think the steering is gonna have to wait...

--B

Nice pics. Been there and had alot of fun (no snow of course).

Funny enough...I went by there twice this weekend on my way to and from the dunes...didn't even think it would be clear enough to wheel.

You guys should have stuck around. We went into all the lower crushers. Ran just about every line. There will be some new/harder/better lines this summer.

I figured you guys did. I can only jaw for so long before I get antsy. You guys are a few notches above us in the rig department, so we probly would have just slowed you down. This summer for sure. Anything going for memorial day?

Bern- Thats why I love the 1 link. I know, I know, fawk the 1 link:flipoff:

Unfortunatly I will be out of town memorial day. You guys would have had lots of fun in the lower section. Hell if MR4x42u can make it out of snow with a 4 cly you guys would have been fine :flipoff:

Didnt you hear me leave? i'm rocking the old IH 152 (2.5L) 4 pooper. I think he has more gears than I do. 80 to 1 is just a shade fast for me still.

No worries, i'm sure i'll be around this summer.