• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Screamin blue for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he needs the money to start a new Christ like venture....
What does it matter anyways....he is doing what he thinks is right for his faith and family, you can't hate on a man trying to do that could you?

I must have missed the part where he said "God told me to ask 125k, or partial trade on an ark". It's his buggy and he can ask what he wants. He knows the reputation it has and presumes what the said reputation is worth. Maybe a little added on top for the work he did to gain it that reputation. Just because he's religious and is exiting the sport for religious reasons doesn't mean he has to give it away...

Neal3000 said:
Maybe Bobby's gonna donate the money to starving children or something? I think maybe he added up all the receipts for broken parts, upgrades, and labor to fix/upgrade **** over the years on top of original price to get his For Sail! price.....i wish i coulda done that!
You are very ignorant if you think he has remotely anywhere near $125k in this buggy it's had that much in motors and trans replacements! Could you build a new buggy for less money yes but you don't get a buggy that's an icon to the sport you'll have to start from scratch with that also!

joho75287 said:
He might do that, never know. Sell his blue, buy a trail buggy and get back to the "good ol days" with the grand kids. It's hard going backwards in an adrenaline dumping sport...once you get full on race/crazy mode it's hard to go back to "Sunday driving"

It is near impossible to start over after feeling that kind of power and general lack of worrying about breaking parts! I've thought several times about building a Toyota or jeep but I've already been down that road and it only leads one direction!

Re:

This isn't even the for sale ad. No wonder he punted to let someone else field questions.

I am starting to learn some valuable lessons in life, jealousy being one of them. I was a complete and utter **** on a post Cole posted about a guy showing off his buggy. I later reread it and saw some of the error in my ways. I was jealous and had two too many beers and lashed out.

Maybe you are jealous, maybe you can't afford it, or maybe there is another reason behind it. Whatever it is, chill out, work it out in your head and try posting again. When devoid of emotion or emotional attachment, we all make better Internet statements.

Rethink, repost and be a good contributing part of the forum.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

al1tonyota said:
You are very ignorant if you think he has remotely anywhere near $125k in this buggy it's had that much in motors and trans replacements! Could you build a new buggy for less money yes but you don't get a buggy that's an icon to the sport you'll have to start from scratch with that also!

It is near impossible to start over after feeling that kind of power and general lack of worrying about breaking parts! I've thought several times about building a Toyota or jeep but I've already been down that road and it only leads one direction!

Settle down Bevis- i was just kidding

rocfun said:
You are a complete idiot on so many levels. You clearly dont know what your talkig about if you think it only takes 40k to build this type of rig.
You also have never met and know nothing about bobby from what you have said here.
People wonder why alot of the racers dont bother to get on here. ....
Just go on back and rock out your Z71 with a 3" body lift and 35s, amd let everyone know in the highschool parking how badass your truck is.

Hurry up and buy it, since its such a great deal! This is a $50k buggy in parts, max. You telling me it has $75k worth of fame?

Olivedrabcj7 said:
Hurry up and buy it, since its such a great deal! This is a $50k buggy in parts, max. You telling me it has $75k worth of fame?

You have confirmed my original statement, you are an idiot and you do not have any idea what parts cost.
Now please ease on back to that jacked up Z71
And talk about something you know about

Re:

Some of these buggies are 20+k in engine alone. Some of these axles are 10-15k as well. Then there's a transfer case, transmission and that's got your 50k. If I had the spare coin and a cool place to store it. You better bet your sweet ass I'd have it. Remember when he nosed down at GAP and everyone thought the worst? Me too. Remember screaming at the top of my lungs at the computer when he won the back door shootout? My wife does.

Is it a steal? Not for someone wanting a buggy to ride. For someone to enjoy and preserve, worth every penny. Jay Leno would get this and he lives in Comifornia.

rocfun said:
You have confirmed my original statement, you are an idiot and you do not have any idea what parts cost.
Now please ease on back to that jacked up Z71
And talk about something you know about

:dblthumb: :rolf: funny stuff

I can see $50k in parts to build it brand new. I can also see 6 years of beatdown and abuse. Also, outside of this small off road subculture, nobody even knows what rockbouncing is. Jay leno has no interest in this redneck wet dream. This is not a collectible vehicle in any way outside of cledus that hit the powerball and thinks bobby tanner is jesus reincarnate. Think "cousin eddie" and his affix with wayne newton. Other than to that guy, this buggy is worth no more than the sum of its parts

scrambled said:
What's a 6 year old, beat on like nothing ever seen, turn key buggy cost to build? Ever bought one of those?

Asking 125 grand for that buggy is insane and the person that pays anywhere close to that is crazy too. It ain't no different than people paying millions for painting on the wall though. It's about emotion. It can't be rationalized because it comes from the heart and not the brain.

Wish him the best. He was sure fun to watch.

Look at what Tim's buggies have sold for

Re:

How old is Olivedrab? That might shed some light on the story.

Olivedrabcj7 said:
I can see $50k in parts to build it brand new. I can also see 6 years of beatdown and abuse. Also, outside of this small off road subculture, nobody even knows what rockbouncing is. Jay leno has no interest in this redneck wet dream. This is not a collectible vehicle in any way outside of cledus that hit the powerball and thinks bobby tanner is jesus reincarnate. Think "cousin eddie" and his affix with wayne newton. Other than to that guy, this buggy is worth no more than the sum of its parts

If you know so much then give us a little run down of what his parts cost. Motor????
Trans/transfer? ??
Axles, shocks, wheels, tires.
Please enlighten all of us

Re:

It may have an inherent emotional/collectable value to someone.

As for parts/performance/use value vs other rigs for sale, then no, the value isn't there. But that's not the point.

Plus you can ask whatever you want for any item. Doesn't mean you'll get that for it, or that anyone will even make you an offer.

A custom one off chassis with a history/fame/whatever will be "worth more" to some people than any production chassis race car.

Olivedrabcj7 said:
Enlighten us. What have they sold for? And how old were they?
Hey dipshit we all know what they have sold for, thats why he posted that.
Clearly if you are looking for the dumbass in the room and cant figure out who it is. .....usually means your the dumbass
Congratulations

This is my generous estimate of what parts cost NEW and do not take into consideration the boner multiplier that you boys seem to tack on because of who owned the rig. Nor do I give any value for time spent assembling the vehicle. Id also like to reiterate that this buggy is used and abused hard and therefore in my opinion none of these parts, unless recently replaced, are currently worth the values associated herein:

Motor 388 stroker? $10k
Trans $2k
T case $2k
Axles $10k each
D shafts $500 ea
Wheels and tires $4000
Bypass shocks and coilovers $1500 per corner = $6k
Chassis $7500
Links $2k
Misc other $5k (seats, wiring,plumbing,panels, gauges, etc.

Im coming up with high 50's in parts WHEN NEW, being generous on the numbers.

Wheres the other $70k?

Status
Not open for further replies.