• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seatbelts save lives

H

hayitsray

What's it going to take for you :dunno: we lost another young man last night to a seatbelt off-roading, sense I've live here in TN less then 2 years that makes 3 deaths and 2 serious injuries to seatbelts!!! Guys it only takes a few "Seconds" to buckle up get in the habit and make it a every time you get in your off-road vehicles to do it !!! If you see your buddy not have his on tell him to put it on you don't want to watch him die today !!!!

Very unfortunate. Makes me realize I need harnesses. Still running factory belts in my TJ. I hate when I get out and the belt locks up. Scary feeling having to move the Jeep on a trail with no belt.

Re:

Always wear at least the lap belt. If I pull up to something serious or even a chance of being serious we put the shoulder straps on. Very sad to hear another lose in the off road community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

thanks for posting.

I wish people would wake the F up and quit doing the "I only wear my lapbelts until we do something tough". I was one of those idiots and got lucky. had just my lapbelt on and ended up going end over over end a couple times doing a fairly simple desent. totalled my truggy and broke my collarbone.

it's the only reason I have the buggy now. transferred all the parts over and went a safer route.

buckle up!

I have wheeled with this kids dad many times and hung by the camp fire with him and drank many a cold beer with him,no father deserves this on Father's Day or any other day for that matter. Wear the fawcking belts folks,even if you don't care about your self think of your family..

I'm weird about seatbelts bc I WILL NOT move my RZR without a lap belt on, but it's not always a must in an on road vehicle for me. It doesn't make any sense to me why I'm like that. I've also surprised a couple of my buddies when I tell them to put on the seatbelt or get out of my RZR. I knew the guy that died at Gray Rock years ago and that always left an impression on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:
I'm weird about seatbelts bc I WILL NOT move my RZR without a lap belt on, but it's not always a must in an on road vehicle for me. It doesn't make any sense to me why I'm like that. I've also surprised a couple of my buddies when I tell them to put on the seatbelt or get out of my RZR. I knew the guy that died at Gray Rock years ago and that always left an impression on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the Same way, im always belted in my jeep or rzr, even unloading from the trailer, but on road I'm prolly only wearing 50% of the time dunno why :indianajones: a

Batmobile Will said:
Just a little FYI one of the guys that died this year had a lap belt on if your off road wear it all don't take much longer
This... Everyone should buckle completely in ALL the time. Things can go south quicker than you think and it is always usually when you least expect it.

Sorry to hear another life was lost.

1tfrot said:
I wish people would wake the F up and quit doing the "I only wear my lapbelts until we do something tough".

I had this mentality for a while too but once I started wearing my shoulder harness, I actually preferred having the shoulder harness on ALL THE TIME. You don't get jostled around as much, instead you move with the vehicle instead of your upper body going every which direction. I WILL NOT ride with out full harnesses on and you will not ride in my buggy with out full harnesses on PERIOD! I try and influence as many of my buddies as i can to harness up all the time.

wizzo said:
I had this mentality for a while too but once I started wearing my shoulder harness, I actually preferred having the shoulder harness on ALL THE TIME. You don't get jostled around as much, instead you move with the vehicle instead of your upper body going every which direction. I WILL NOT ride with out full harnesses on and you will not ride in my buggy with out full harnesses on PERIOD! I try and influence as many of my buddies as i can to harness up all the time.

^^^^^^^ Yes.

I have been in a rollover with a lap belt on and was lucky. I was young (er) and dumb (er) . I am not perfect at this, but I try to be and try to set a good example for my little girl who will soon be wheeling with me also.

This sport is inherantly risky, and you dont have to be "rock bouncing" to get hurt or killed. I drive bad enough already that i dont need to trust my life to it. :****:

74_Chevota said:
^^^^^^^ Yes.

I have been in a rollover with a lap belt on and was lucky. I was young (er) and dumb (er) . I am not perfect at this, but I try to be and try to set a good example for my little girl who will soon be wheeling with me also.

This sport is inherantly risky, and you dont have to be "rock bouncing" to get hurt or killed. I drive bad enough already that i dont need to trust my life to it. :****:

This...I'm pretty sure we were both only wearing lap belts when we tumbled the Jim's buggy at DPG that afternoon many moons ago.

The other thing I do not get is people that do not install/use their anti-sub belt aka crotch strap. Any belt is better than no belt, but that nut strap keeps the whole harness from riding up on you or you sliding down under the belts in the event of a rollover or crash.

Both of my worst rolls were on "easy" hills that I didn't think I would need my shoulder straps on. The first one broke my wife's back, I will never live down the guilt of telling her that she wouldn't need her shoulder straps at the bottom of the hill. The second one I was alone and, while my back wasn't permanently damaged, it was definitely damaged short-term ad wasn't right for a year or so afterwards. I was sofa kingdom. Unless I'm on flat ground idling around I wear my shoulder straps now.

I'm very introspective. There are certain mistakes in my life, and just times that I acted dumb, that I constantly re-live in my head. I feel dumber and guiltier each and every time I re-hash them. Over time it only gets worse, not better. I'm told that not all people are like this, that it is a sign of extreme intelligence. (I don't know about that!) There are things as far back as freshman year in high school that I still can't allow myself to live down. But telling my wife that she wouldn't need shoulder straps is one of the top things that keep me awake at night even to this day.