• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seen this? trailer brakes

I had this happen on my truck earlier this summer! Shoes were OEM with approx. 40% left, but the rust had gotten in between the lining and the shoe, causing the delamination on only one shoe...wierd thing is, I had just checked them a couple months prior while servicing my truck...pulled the drums and all.
Needless to say, I have premium riveted shoes on there now...:awesomework:
I'm not sure if you can get a riveted shoe for a 7K trailer though....Looks to me to be rust delamination from your pics Mike. You can actually get complete backing plate assy's very reasonable (shoes, magnets, and all), bolt em on and hook up the wires....

"Say man, you show yo legs is broken?" "Yeah man, dey broke"......"Guess you wont be needin dem shoes then"

:mad: So, I got a new plate with my tabs this yr, and picked the small one so it doesn't hang outside of the fender....figured I'd replace the license plate light housing since the old one was inop and rusty...I replace it, and check for power---no power! I just KNOW there's a damn scotch lok under the deck that's tits up....fawking scotch loks!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

My cousins trailer had that happen on a trip to the dunes once.... By the time we noticed it (it was dark out) the linings were just chunks in the bottom of the drum and everything was HOT!..........