• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Selling a car to someone that doesnt tag it....

JohnG said:
In Alabama, you are not supposed to sell a vehicle with a tag on it. You should take the tag to the courthouse for a refund on unused taxes. If in Alabama, and you left the tag on the vehicle, I can see there there is the possibility for liability.

What I would do, is go "steal" YOUR tag off the vehicle.

Tag isn't on the vehicle. He did the transaction just like we all do. Bill of sale and tag stays with owner. The only thing unique about the situation is its someone he knows so he is aware that it hasn't been properly tagged. If he sold it to some random Joe on Craigslist, he would have no idea.

Re:

Notarized BOS & turn in tags for receipt is about the best you can do to protect yourself.
I also ask to see the drivers license and write down the DL number and the person's address to keep with me because as was said it could be just some Joe Blow off craigslist...

sent from an anus from an asus

creepycrawly said:
Tag isn't on the vehicle. He did the transaction just like we all do. Bill of sale and tag stays with owner. The only thing unique about the situation is its someone he knows so he is aware that it hasn't been properly tagged. If he sold it to some random Joe on Craigslist, he would have no idea.

I got my copy of a bill of sale with signatures (they have a copy........or should)
I got my tag (they still have no tag)
Thought that is enough but other day i seen they still havent registered it in their name. Been at least 3 months since the car was given away just to get it out my name..... was being borrowed for a week or two which turned into a month then 2 months, 3 months, 4 and then I had enough. Got tired of paying ins. and risk of loosing my whole life of hard work to get to where i am today. Loosing the car was far cheaper than everything i've worked for. I just still get sick thinking something still could go wrong.

joho75287 said:
So, did you go to DMV and turn in the tag??

Not yet ive been busy and keep forgetting to get the bos out of the safe and not sure what i did with tag.
Im gonna get up now and go get it and put in the truck lol

Latest posts