• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Senior Year YJ Build

Looks like my color choice turned out nice. I still have to paint the footings to to match the tub, install my harness(s), and put the interior together.

Matt - I'm down for helping. Tubing notchers are real nice to have....:D

Karl - Mike talked me out of hard mounting it to the frame until I'm ready to hardmount the body. The A pillar is tied into the floor and rocker protection, and the B pillar sits in a very strong section of the tub. All the down bars were made for easy frame tie-in down the road.

For your soft top, did you just remove the 'side rails' that clip into the stock cage by the windshield? Or did you make a new clip for them?

I think mine are bolted in place. Then again i have an aftermarket soft top....not sure if that is much different than factory. I can double check tomorrow, my jeep is actually in a garage at my buddies place. :super: :super:

The cage is tied into the tub pretty good except the c-pillars--not alot of stregnth back there but thats not an issue. Yes the cage is setup to easily tie into the frame once the body is hardmounted.

For the life of me I too cannot remember how bobby's soft top went...

Cascade_Crawler said:
Mine isnt a stock soft top - its a best top one...not sure if that changes the mounts or not...

Well figure something out tonight jonathen. If ya remember grab a tie down or rachet strap.

Cascade_Crawler said:
If I had the money to get seats we would have gone that route scott...Wont be hard to mount them later on

That is what I was thinking I just didn't want to start the "you should be mounting your damn seats to the roll cage" as you can add that later.

The cage looks great by the way! :cool:

Latest posts