• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
redneckengineered said:
This is taken straight from their website...

SFWDA supports and facilitates projects throughout the year at the club, state and regional levels. Consistent with our stated mission the purpose is to respect and protect our valuable natural resources and promote responsible land usage in both the public and private sectors. SFWDA works in close cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), state agencies in various regions and also private land owners. The SFWDA member clubs and individual members contribute thousands of man-hours each year on projects. Our member clubs work on projects at Uwharrie National Forest (NC), Beasley Knob (GA), Daniel Boone Forrest (KY) and many other locations throughout the southeastern United States. Each of these projects encompass working with land use agencies, local government agencies and land owners to facilitate responsible land usage and OHV trail conservation.

Uwharrie, Beasley Knob, Daniel Boone Forest...you ****ing kidding me? If they were smart (and they're not) they'd completely reorganize to become some sort of liaison between the riders and the private park land owners. They could organize trail cutting days, perform maintenance, raise money for bath houses/pavilions/etc, build bridges over creeks, support failing parks with fundraisers, etc. Hell, that's just off the top of my head. I think they have some issue with helping private parks because the owners make money off their backs. How idiotic is that? Don't even get me started. The days of working with USFS to keep public riding areas open are over...LMFAO. Please. Did you all see where the riding community came together to raise money for a bath house at AOP? Like I said, Southern is a pointless relic that just won't die because people have some sort of emotional attachment to Dixie Run and Jeep guys still think Trailfest is cool for some reason.

Finally somebody speaks the truth other than me. What sfwda supporters don't know is what makes them sfwda supporters.

yeah i wasn't aware of all that i just know of the ride coming up at AOP and thought it may have been a good deal. interested to see what some of the ADMINS have to say??

$3000 sticky tires, $500 coolers, and yall can't throw $50 to an organization that is on your side laughing1

Are they really on our side? Or are they only on our side anymore for the profit. What have they done lately. I challenge you to name anything they've done that we couldn't do ourselves. Maybe the have a trail cleanup day every now and then. Maybe. Ok, so does many folks on this board that call certain parks their home parks. I wouldn't give them my money. It was important to John G enough to work it out to where it cost us nothing so I joined in support of him. Outside of that, I think they are just another hand out wanting something.

pholmann said:
Didn't they close the Daniel Boone riding area?

Some of that area is closed to non licensed vehicles( Carb Hill & Devil's Brew). Some of that area(most of the extreme obstacles such as Widow Maker, Holiday Hill, Stair Steps, Gatekeeper, and Hairpin) is part of the Hollerwood Offroad park system that folks in that area have been trying to get open for a few years now. There are numerous people that still ride there in non licensed vehicles but at a risk if you are on Forest Service land. That being said, I will be with a small group there this coming weekend traveling from obstacle to obstacle. My rig is licensed for what it is worth.

I am not sure how much SFWDA has helped with getting Hollerwood open. Everytime I see something about the park, I don't see any mention of SFWDA. Not to say they are not involved because I have no idea

What a bunch of shortsighted individuals. First SFWDA is a non profit, which means they spend all the money they take in on furthering our hobby. ORP's are privately owned businesses ( run for profit). Maybe the owner could peel off a few bills for bath houses and other improvement.
Secondly, not every offroad enthusiast owns a hill killing buggy. Some of us want to explore a new tree covered dirt road, cross a creek, find a secluded lake, or get to some rock climbing spot. SFWDA is experienced working with legislators and rangers to provide access to public property.
Third, Southern's failure at Tellico was due to political climate. The current administration is much more open to the responsible use of public resources. I expect SFWDA to do great things in the future. Having enjoyed this hobby with John G for 40 years, I've seen public access squashed by liberal "environmentalists " time and time again.
Hardline Crawlers. Com's group membership was negotiated by John G to allow SFWDA a louder voice with park rangers, the Dept of Interior, and legislators. There is strength in numbers. Currently there are over 13,000 members on this forum. However, to be counted, you have to ask for a membership. Real people counted.
If you don't want to support SFWDA, it's a free country. I want access to what's mine and will support SFWDA any way I can.

^This.

Stony Lonesome wouldn't have happened without SFWDA if you need something worthwhile that they have done. The current leadership is complete different than when they were fighting for Tellico. As for them being after only money, you know their membership cost have gone way down, right?

I love to hear (read) hardcore sfwda people push their propaganda and stats on today's modern educated people.

Those that know.....know.

Everytime I hear Southern four-wheel-drive Association people talking I always imagine they're trying to sell me a car with a rod knocking but emphasizing it has 2 really great cup holders. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Membership costs $0 through the forum. A benefit we can thank John for. Love to hear people bitch about something they know nothing about. Rant on.

don't treat us like we learned about southern yesterday rich .maby they shouldn't have there fundraisers at private parks in tn if they don't support private parks in tn.

Fact: not for profit does NOT mean not for salary. Show me where 100% of the money raised is going to this and I'll change my mind.

Re: Re: SFWDA

pholmann said:
Fact: not for profit does NOT mean not for salary. Show me where 100% of the money raised is going to this and I'll change my mind.
LOL.....pick the Mic up again.....jus to drop it harder! :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.