• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shock length issues?

Lucky Jeff

So I just bought some RS9000's before I decided to yank the motor out of my truck. I decided to throw some stock coils back under the front, and am going to have a friend machine a couple inches + out of the rear blocks to level it off.. Shocks will be a good 2-3" too long. Even if the stroke is there. Will I have issues being out of the shocks "range". and blow them out prematurely? Should I just sell the shocks while they're new or will they ride and perform just fine? If I hadn't had so many issues with Bilstiens blowing out or breaking, i'd go back to them.

So I just bought some RS9000's before I decided to yank the motor out of my truck. I decided to throw some stock coils back under the front, and am going to have a friend machine a couple inches + out of the rear blocks to level it off.. Shocks will be a good 2-3" too long. Even if the stroke is there. Will I have issues being out of the shocks "range". and blow them out prematurely? Should I just sell the shocks while they're new or will they ride and perform just fine? If I hadn't had so many issues with Bilstiens blowing out or breaking, i'd go back to them.

did the shocks work when the truck was loaded down and sat 2 inches lower in the rear?

i cant remember, but most shocks have " progresive " valving. ie: the further they compress the tighter they get, so what you wind up with is a harsher ride. now with them being adjustable, you can soften them up a bit, but how far that throws all the valving out the window i dont know... ie: on a double adjustable shock you could prob make it work..

did the shocks work when the truck was loaded down and sat 2 inches lower in the rear?

bags in the rear.. I always kept it level.. loaded or not

And Gus, Ranchos are already harsh as it is.. It's 9 way adjustable, but I don't know if even the softest setting will be any good for the rear.. hmmmmm

Latest posts