• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shock tuning?

halcat

We were at KOH this year and a buddy of mine ( sawzall) had his King shocks tuned by Mr. King. They ran him around there course and watched, made changes, watched and made more Changes. If my rig was as good as his WAS, I wouldn't have touched it, but they DID make his better. I just done a search here looking for past threads on shock tuning and found a lot of people talking about it, but not where to take your rig if it needed tuning. I live in middle Tennessee and have Sway-A-Way coil overs on a big block Rockwell buggy( you all are probably saying it can't be tuned) and would like some info on this, where, who, what to take, how much should it cost, and is it worth it for the good it dose. My rig kicks the back end up pretty bad. My rig is an early WOD buggy and I am going to take it to them early summer for some tube work, maybe they can do it?

Wayne from Alltech motorsports is from what I hear is the best. Problem is catching him or affording to get him over on this side of the states. Most U4 events he is at and isnt that bad price wise as long as you can get in with him. Stays booked when he does come this way.

civicmindedex79 said:
Wayne from Alltech motorsports is from what I hear is the best. Problem is catching him or affording to get him over on this side of the states. Most U4 events he is at and isnt that bad price wise as long as you can get in with him. Stays booked when he does come this way.
Yep, he is one of the best. Fox hired him to tune at KOH this year. As stated he is usually at the U4 events on this side of the country and is very reasonably priced from my understanding.

Thanks guys. A lot of info here. I'm getting a few tubs added at WOD this spring, I'll let Adam take a look at it.

civicmindedex79 said:

My buggy is rockwells, 44's, Fox 2.0's. Wayne did mine via the internet. I sent him videos of the rig, he would send me shims to install, I would send more video, he would send different shims. We went into my shocks 3 times and it was night and day difference. The rig went from wanting to break my spine and bottoming out at 20mph to gliding like butter at 60mph and wanting more but I was just too damn scared. I will use him for every rig in the future.

I just got a PM from a buddy of mine that said Wayne would fly out this spring to WOD if enough people wanted him to. Sounds like he's the man!

I went and stayed with Wayne for a week back in 2009, then we raced Vegas to Reno together. Wayne tuned a hair on my new car in Barstow, CA back in early Jan. And my plan is to haul it back out west for another session with Wayne pretty soon.

David Guest who lives in NC is also pretty good. Hes on here as DavidG i think. He went to fab school, worked for slawson and i think a trophy team. Then was at Woodlees for quite a while.
Theres alot of guys that can get you 75-80% of the way. Wayne or Iribe(king) or a handful of others can get you that last bit out.

halcat said:
I just got a PM from a buddy of mine that said Wayne would fly out this spring to WOD if enough people wanted him to. Sounds like he's the man!

Dont take this as a confirmation but talked to Wayne today and he said he would be at superlift in April. I am assuming for the Ultra 4 race. Not sure where you are but definatly interested in him tuning mine. If you can put something together feel free to call/text me. If not I got plans of trying to make it to superlift in April.

Thanks,
Brent
256-415-4268

Re: Re: Re: Shock tuning?

InDaShop said:
Theres alot of guys that can get you 75-80% of the way. Wayne or Iribe(king) or a handful of others can get you that last bit out.
I think this about sums it up.