• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

should I?

DeathTrap

should I finish my Fj40 or build a 80's 3/4 suburban ???

76 fj 40 has built motor and rebuilt axles full spool f/r needs tranny and transfer and radiator.

The suburban is 80's 3/4 ton with 350 sm465 or sm420 /205 not sure on the axles but probably get the burb for pretty cheap >$1000... but im not sure whats wrong with it (motor?)

i wheel in WV and eastern KY... just woods trails and some rocks... looking to run 38's to 40's..

Suburban is a WHOLE LOTTA rig , especially in TIGHT PLACES on some trails.......just sayin ;D

But it has a LOT to do with the TYPE of trails you wanna tackle also, even on 40s a burb ain,t gonna have much ground clearance :'(

Besides , it sounds like you ALREADY have the ingredients to make a CAPABLE FJ :dunno:

yea i love my FJ but i have a wife and a 1 year old baby and the wife is pregnant again so... thats why i was thinkin bout the burb... maybe get some rocks and 44 or 47's?

FJ, family cage, back seat for wheelin. Burbin for soccer games and tow duty. :dblthumb:

FJs are just plain cool and you already have a good start on it.

PM Neal 3000 on this board , he wheels an FJ buggy , and our buddy Kevin just took his FJ apart to build a tube chassis.

I heard that Steve is NOT being sued by anyone, but the park will be closed down for 6 months while he builds his house , after that :dunno:

Maybe he won,t shut it down permenantly , VERY FUN place to wheel .

I put this on the WRONG THREAD :****:

i need to get some pics up but im about an hour from it... and i still might buy the burb to resell... i think i can get to cheap enough ... like below scrap price...

:wtflol:
No comments about the Brett video. Thats some funny shiit right ther. :****:
Do the FJ40, suburbans are cool for backroad shenanigans but fall short to hardcore wheelin.
Sorry for the de-rail. Good luck with your bulid.

When you gonna have that buggy finished Jeremy , I know it will be able to go fast enough to make a hottie show us her BOOBS HA HA HA flashemifyougotem :flipoff1:

Latest posts