• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SiriusXm

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
Had a subscription back in the day, canceled due to horrible audio quality. My company provided work truck currently has the trial sub and it sounds great. So I re subscribed being that my personal truck is pretty similar to my work truck, only short bed. Just canceled my sub again for the same reason. All that being said, I have a theory. I believe Sirius upps the signal strength on trial subs to entice purchase. Paid subs then get retarded. It's not a very sound business idea but I also think most people just don't bother canceling or maybe they just don't notice. With so many options out there for things like pandora, Spotify etc, the only thing Sirius has going for them is some of the content. Howard is lame now so to me that pretty much leaves music.

I've had satellite radio in 3 new cars now over the last 8 years. When the trial runs out I pay for it. I've never noticed any difference with factory radios, might be a difference with an aftermarket head unit, IDK.

Re:

All I can tell you is do not pay what they ask... I usually let mine laps and then negotiate 6 month increments, and it cost me about 40 bucks for six months.
... In other words you can negotiate with the bastiges

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Re:

ecoast said:
All I can tell you is do not pay what they ask... I usually let mine laps and then negotiate 6 month increments, and it cost me about 40 bucks for six months.
... In other words you can negotiate with the bastiges

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have heard this exact thing from other users. Sirius XM is in my future :dblthumb:

Re:

I had the trial in my truck when I bought it but just didn't use it much so I let it lapse, they call every few months trying to get me to sign back up, I think there last offer was 6 mo. For $25

Re:

DirtMonkey said:
I have heard this exact thing from other users. Sirius XM is in my future :dblthumb:

I deal with it every five or six months depending on the person you get, just tell them your going to cancel and they offer a better deal.... I went from 55 clams to 21 with just a call....

Re:

gsell said:
I deal with it every five or six months depending on the person you get, just tell them your going to cancel and they offer a better deal.... I went from 55 clams to 21 with just a call....

Oh, I found that if you have the add on XM radio receiver and you use your radio channel to connect it to the speakers, the signal sux, if you buy the 14 dollar inline fm antenna adapter the signal is awesome. But I figure you guys are talking vehicles that came with the XM receiver like my wife's Tahoe, which has a great sound to it.

I didn't pay retail either. Cable and satellite radio are 2 things you're guaranteed to get cheaper if you threaten to cancel. They offered me a receiver that can go from car to home for free plus s&h but I declined. Looking back I should've taken it and sold it. But yeah, I used an fm transmitter in my tbss and but the new truck has it built in. A quick Google search showed I wasn't the only one with the compressed sound. Maybe it depends on what station you listen to. Which was another deciding factor. I found myself only listening to 1 station. For $120 a year with "all access", just wasn't worth it for 1 shitty sounding channel.

We have Sirius in three vehicles and no complaints here.
And yep you can haggle on the price with them.Not sure what we're paying now but I know it's less than what they originally wanted for multiple subscriptions. thumb.gif

Re:

I had it for a few years but I'm into classic country and they ditched my favorite station and started playing commercials just like FM so I didn't see a reason in keeping it anymore.

I just had this happen today! They sent me a late notice so I called to cancel? The bill was for $192. a year!!!! I called and told them I no longer needed there service so I got transferred to another foreign speaking lady that lowered my yearly to $82! They will come down even more next year!!!! I will play the GAME.

jta said:
I just use pandora or Iheart radio. I had XM for a while

x2......When XM did away with several country stations and started playing commercials on a lot of channels. Plus have you looked at all the " Canadian" and "Spanish" stations and they went to only what 3-4 country stations? WTH? I could understand the Spanish a little but is there that many Canadians. And yes if you try to cancel you can get great deals on the service, I am just perfectly happy with IHeart.

Re:

I used to move my kid around to personal and work vehicles. In the end the price kept going up and after the merger the options went down. I liked in when a company I worked floor had it in a work truck but I wouldn't pay for it today.