• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Skid Plate Material?

blacksheep10 said:
na, he wants to drop it off and get a call when its ready :flipoff1:
Damn matt, wish you were closer, I would fuggin just do it for next to free because I'm a whore and take on too much work laughing1

You and P are pretty much the same in that sense :flipoff1:

P, that is all I need. A welder to borrow, welding and beer consumption. We need a consult session so you can tell me what I need for the skid plate and attachment points for the link crossmember to connect to said belly plate! ;D I think I have the rest figured out in terms of parts needed!

blacksheep10 said:
na, he wants to drop it off and get a call when its ready :flipoff1:
Damn matt, wish you were closer, I would fuggin just do it for next to free because I'm a whore and take on too much work laughing1

You'd be finishing it on the trailer on the way to MMORV and Matt would be dog cussin you laughing1

Im retired... I just wanna wheel hence the focus on MY JUNK thumb.gif

I think your picking a smart option for the time schedule / mods you want. Get all the parts, gives you time to really focus on what and were your gonna move stuff and you wont miss the MMORV ride. its a win win... win loller.gif

BamaTJ said:
You and P are pretty much the same in that sense :flipoff1:

P, that is all I need. A welder to borrow, welding and beer consumption. We need a consult session so you can tell me what I need for the skid plate and attachment points for the link crossmember to connect to said belly plate! ;D I think I have the rest figured out in terms of parts needed!

We will get it sorted / figured out bubba. Waiting will provide the most important thing for me right now. TIME.

I MUST get the thirty right ASAP or I will drive myself insane thinking about it .

Word, I only wanted a new skid for MMORV, the rest was a summer project. That is why I was planning on late June or July to have the welding commence, I know you have to get your's right and I will lend a hand whenever I can. I have a few weekends of house stuff to finish so my wife will stay off my ass, after that I am wide open. Thanks!

BamaTJ said:
Trevor how does that tube crossmember attach? Does it bolt in the stock location or is it welded up? I like the way you did that, any more details or info on how you did it al? I am going to have to replace my rear LCA mounts because they hang me on everything. They are beef, but they cost me too often. Any idea what you had in materials and time in the skid? I am trying to make the make or buy decision.

Look at the countersunk holes under where the crossmember mounts to the frame. I used the stock 6 bolts to hold the crossmember. The only part that weighs alot is the 1/4" skid, The tubing crossmember was pretty damn light. I had to clearance the crossmember for the tranny, transfer case, and cat but everything else was fine. It worked really well. If you need any specific details/pictures let me know...