• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Smart phone spinoff....what plan...?

WTH

I don't use cell phone s or house phones really for that matter. Have a prepaid cell phone for emergencies that I keep in vehicle. However I would to get one for the wife and we have a daughter that is getting to that age where she thinks she can't live without one. What are the best plans out there? I am looking cheap but at the same time don't want to pay a fortune for any overages. I know Wal-mart has the $45 everything plan, is that the best out there? Is it 45 per phone line?

Appreciate any input, just starting to look into it. I have not jumped on the bandwagon yet but looks like I am going to have to.

I'm thinking that's the cheapest thing out there but Unlimited everything is a great plus to it. If they made cool phones for it I would drop Verizon in a heart beat and save of 60 a month if you don't care how cool or not the phone is that's gonna be the way to go my opinion :dblthumb:

yea cant beat the pay as you go stuff. i pay 130$ a month for 1 line on AT&T and i dont have unlimited anything lol

where I live Verizon is the only phones that have service...

Might want to check into that too.

I know of people that had ATT and Tmobile (walmart) that had to get Verizon phones when they came to college here because they never had service.

We have Straight talk from Wal Mart (one of the $45 everything plans) it works off of Verizon and ATT towers. There are very few places we have no signal. Most of the time even if we don't have enough signal to talk you can still text. Some of the really cool phones can be used with Straight Talk also I know people with Iphones and Androids on Straight talk.

TBItoy said:
where I live Verizon is the only phones that have service...

Might want to check into that too.

I know of people that had ATT and Tmobile (walmart) that had to get Verizon phones when they came to college here because they never had service.

I had forgot all about the service issues, we have. Live in a town within 3 miles of an interstate and cell service is sketchy. Just about everyone that has come over has commented on how bad cell service is here.

Service is the biggest factor to me. I use a lot of 4G and don't have a land line anymore. My cell is my link to the world, so I need reliable service everywhere since I travel a lot. I've been with both Verizon and ATT and been pleased with both, but my family's plans sure are freaking expensive!