• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired sold thanks (delete)

jesse102

96 cherokee it runs good has stock engine transmission and transfer case , full exo cage , wagoner dana 44 up front full yokon inner and outer chromoly axles with super joints, drive flanges,lunchbox locker,upgraded steering drag links steering box brace,, 8.8 rear end with mini spool , prob around a 6 inch aftermarket lift, full unibody frame braces welded on, fuel tank relocated upwards, beadlock with , 37" iroc's around 75% , corbue seats, 8000 pound winch , dual electric fans, CD player ,cb with antenna, dual alternators, solid diff covers and a lot more ......front doors are included just aren't in the pics...open to trades on streetable vehicles

$4500 obo located on Rock Island,TN call 931-686-8582

Re: 96 jeep Cherokee crawler/trail rig.... Open to trades

Open to trades

How many miles? Who was the owner you got it from?

Whoa! Sorry about this....late to the punch and didn't see my old XJ up on the bidding block!

This used to be mine. I bought this as a bone stock bottom level XJ off craigslist and swapped my axles and misc stuff onto it from my old 94 that the body finally had enough of.

Much like any rig, the axles and suspension were the only good parts left when wheelin! ;) This 96 was your average XJ that had around 150-ish thousand miles on it. It was bone stock and an ex fleet vehicle(note the numbers on the fender). It had great oil psi, good cylinder pressure....ran great burned no fluids and plenty of power....seemed like alot more than my old 94!

The rear 8.8 has the solid spacer in place of the crush sleeve. Only failure the 8.8 had when I had it. Crush sleeve OVER-crushed and busted out a few teeth. I put a new Motive 4.88 in it with the solid spacer about 10 trips before selling/trading to Jesse so that won't bust again. Front axle was pretty dang idiot proof with all the Yukon stuff.

I miss this Cherokee!!! It was SOOOO comfortable with the seats, long arms and flex! It'll get you where you wanna go, you just gotta use your head more than if you're in a 1 ton rig! ;)

Those that know me know that i'm big on maintenance! Kept all the fluids fresh, zerks greased, bearings packed....etc. When I got it I did a new water pump, thermo, belt, electric fans...plugs...dist cap...rotor...wires ....the always sketch crank position sensor. The MECHMAN alternator on this thing is some good $$$$. Plans at time were to go dual batteries with on board welder. This rig has been everything from weekend wheeler, to recovery vehicle to parts-fetcher. Also had a brand new steering box as well with the inner brace triangle.

This XJ has been all over Windrock. It's an awesome all weather wheeler. No AC, but still has heater thats great in winter time! Only thing i'd change on this rig would be a move to hydraulic assist. I fought it forever with "it does just fine". But after driving a rig with hydro steering....I see why people like it. ;)

On Rattle Rock:

Check out my YOUTUBE channel. It's made short work of most trails there.
Me on Trail 39 at Windrock

Same hill with a big buggy:
TN MTN Junkies beatin' it like a rented mule!!

Making short work of a pretty difficult trail Windrock....for a mild rig.
Little Schoolbus at Windrock

what kind of streetable trades r u interested in? 8284131104

Man, I wish I had some extra cash on hand... I'd be all over this thing!

cardudenc said:
what kind of streetable trades r u interested in? 8284131104

What Ya got

Does it still have the back seat

No but can one can be added back

What are you looking to trade on

What are the axles out of? I have a buddy very interested in this rig. It looks pretty solid.

Front end is out of a jeep grand wagoner rear is out of a explorer