• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy450r

Am I the only one that thinks them charging 1000 bucks for the remote shut off is crazy??

I got a lot of money tied up into my rig an keeping it up and running and my pockets aren't lined in cash like some others out there. I was really wanting to try the series out next year but I would never give 1000 bucks for that thing.

Looks like they would do a loan type deal on them or something. Or figure out something cheaper lol I think I could shut my rig off with a remote for less than a grand haha

Great idea in theory but an awful idea for keeping it affordable for the normal man/woman to compete.

Haven't heard anything about it in a while but last I heard the driver would buy a pig tail/ harness and Srrs would own the boxes and would just plug the boxes in before the race and swap after runs?

I do agree it's a great idea but like u said not good for regular joes. I think it will steer some people awy from them. If I did run it was gonna be for fun meeting new people and visiting new parks. I can take that money and go on 2 or 3 weekend trips and probably have more fun.

al1tonyota said:
Haven't heard anything about it in a while but last I heard the driver would buy a pig tail/ harness and Srrs would own the boxes and would just plug the boxes in before the race and swap after runs?

They just posted the 2016 rules on FB. Says u gotta buy one.

This is SRRS evolving into a real race series rather than hill climb fun run events. Thre are plenty of those too.

tommy450r said:
They just posted the 2016 rules on FB. Says u gotta buy one.
Maybe Nick will post here also? He is trying to work It out where a racer can rent the box from him for $50 a race!

You have atleast 30k in your rig! I don't know you but I'm sure you have a house and some other stuff worth some money? If you enter a race and get knocked out then run over someone them or their family could potentially sue you, Srrs ,and the park. Do you have liability insurance incase something happened? $1000 is one broke wheel and a cut tire...

This is SRRS trying to step it up in the name of safety. Many big name sponsors will not touch our sport until RII boxes are on every rig competing. Thus is the Evolution of Rock Bouncing.

al1tonyota said:
Maybe Nick will post here also? He is trying to work It out where a racer can rent the box from him for $50 a race!

You have atleast 30k in your rig! I don't know you but I'm sure you have a house and some other stuff worth some money? If you enter a race and get knocked out then run over someone them or their family could potentially sue you, Srrs ,and the park. Do you have liability insurance incase something happened? $1000 is one broke wheel and a cut tire...

I agree 100% I love the idea of this and I think it should be in the sport. But 1000 bucks per box per driver seems a little much. I mean that's about what I got in my entire wiring harness and computer to make my rig run I got about 3 bucks in the switch to turn it off. I'm not trying to bash or down anyone or anything this was just more of a rant than anything. I been building my rig for over a year an wanted to race a little bit. But I'm not gonna drop that much coin on that box.

I am all for the boxes The only problem I have with them is Srrs is the only ones going to be able to shutdown your engine. I would like something that I pay a grand for I'd like to be able to use it say trail riding or other events I see why they made that way so other people is unable to **** with while racing Just my opinion which don't mean ****

1k seems awful salty considering what it does. Granted it's gotta be reliable and work EVERY SINGLE TIME but part of me thinks there's a cheaper, equally reliable option.

Maybe about mid season they will start showing up in the fer sail section used lol then my tight ass will pick one up haha

I won't bitch too much....my only complaint is about 39 inch tires. Hell, that means you gottta run 43 inch stickys cause everyone uses a fishermans ruler and wont be tall enough :stir:

In all seriousness. These guys are putting their necks, the drivers necks and the spectators necks on the line (as far as liability goes). More safety, no matter the cost, is better for me and my family. From the low budget side, you still got to pay to play. See if you can find a sponsor or two and put a sticker on your rig to help you get one of them thar safety death switches.

This post was brought to my attention and yes I'm considering buying a few of these boxes and renting them to people. If things work out I'm going to charge $50 per race to help cover the cost of the boxes. Once they are paid for I will let anyone that rented them use them for free after that. Cause everyone knows on here people will just say I'm trying to f-someone out there money. My main goal is to make sure everyone can race and keep drivers/Buggys and most important our fans safe that come to see us race.

Freaknick said:
This post was brought to my attention and yes I'm considering buying a few of these boxes and renting them to people. If things work out I'm going to charge $50 per race to help cover the cost of the boxes. Once they are paid for I will let anyone that rented them use them for free after that. Cause everyone knows on here people will just say I'm trying to f-someone out there money. My main goal is to make sure everyone can race and keep drivers/Buggys and most important our fans safe that come to see us race.

That's awesome! Safety is not important until someone is injured or killed then the lawyers start circling.

Freaknick said:

If you do that please let me know. I want to race but i just could not justify $1000. for just that one series.If you can rent them,i will be in.

Safety is awesome, but more rules & regulations are like big government & Nascar.... taking something we all used to love (America & Racing), and turning it into something the little guy is no longer a part of & can barely tolerate

I thought about running my Yukon in next years event but there`s just no way I can justify that box. Wait a minute.... I think if I hook the air bags back up that will trigger the automatic fuel shut off to start working again if it takes a big hit or flips it`ll die on its on. Gottem.. Ima save that 1000 bucks.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts