• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SS brake lines

greenie

whats the skinny on fancy braided ss brake lines? are they worth it or should i just replace mine with the rubber ones?
also if you know of a good vendor do tell.

JUNK.

SS dont like sticks and brush. It wont stretch at ALL. they will rip right off. They will leak if bent or kinked also.

Rubber lines on rigs 60 years old still work fine.

Rubber will let you use it as a limiting strap several times (not recomended) and still work fine.

In the rare case that you actually rip off a rubber line it can easily be pinched off with vise grips and taped up out of the way.

A SS line cant be pinched off. So then the driver has to pinch off the hard line thus damaging more parts to get it to seal back up.

SS is cool on hot rods and muscle cars where looks is more important than function.

First off IF you run SS hoses run quality ones. The benefit to them is they resist abrasion better than rubber sheathed lines. Performance wise there is no difference between a SS sheathed hose and a rubber sheathed hose being both of equal quality.....Most, nearly all rubber high pressure hoses are steel too it's just under the rubber coating.

JUNK.

SS dont like sticks and brush. It wont stretch at ALL. they will rip right off. They will leak if bent or kinked also.

Rubber lines on rigs 60 years old still work fine.

Rubber will let you use it as a limiting strap several times (not recomended) and still work fine.

In the rare case that you actually rip off a rubber line it can easily be pinched off with vise grips and taped up out of the way.

A SS line cant be pinched off. So then the driver has to pinch off the hard line thus damaging more parts to get it to seal back up.

SS is cool on hot rods and muscle cars where looks is more important than function.

X2 Rubber all the way....

They really hardened up the pedal.

that is what im after but want to make sure before i waste the $.
i stretched my rubbers a bit before re-routing the lines, didnt think i hurt anything but now my pedal seems more squishy.
i just hate pullin up looking like a damn quadratec catalog.