• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Steering gear flanges?

wentz912

Are the steering gear box flanges, where the sector shaft bolts to the box, the same on an IFS box and a solid axle push pull box? I didn't realize until I got home with my IFS box today that it didn't come with one.

Excellent. I was actually a little worried there for a bit. Second question, is there anything extra that I need in order to just be able to go down to the local logging/hydraulic line place and get new pwer steering hoses? The ones that are currently on the truck leak like a sieve.

Excellent. I was actually a little worried there for a bit. Second question, is there anything extra that I need in order to just be able to go down to the local logging/hydraulic line place and get new pwer steering hoses? The ones that are currently on the truck leak like a sieve.

bring all your lines with you as most do not carry metric ends.. if you need power steering lines, i have a few that go into the box from the pump:awesomework:

Are the steering gear box flanges, where the sector shaft bolts to the box, the same on an IFS box and a solid axle push pull box? I didn't realize until I got home with my IFS box today that it didn't come with one.

Do you mean the steering shaft? The sector shaft is what the pitman arm bolts to.

yeah that one. I get stuff mixed up :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh, that reminds me, anything I should make sure I do with this box before I go trying to use it? I got it from the boneyard and I will be a bit before I have the rest of the parts for my front end pieced together.

yeah that one. I get stuff mixed up :fawkdancesmiley:

Oh, that reminds me, anything I should make sure I do with this box before I go trying to use it? I got it from the boneyard and I will be a bit before I have the rest of the parts for my front end pieced together.

Just make sure the ports are sealed to keep any water out.

got it. They've got those nifty little plastic plugs in them already so I should be good to go. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts