• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Step Daughter got Scholarship

cadpwrdyj

Just got letter in the mail yesterday, Daughter got a $16,000 Nursing scholarship to UAB...That's great news for us...just thought I would share..

cadpwrdyj said:
Just got letter in the mail yesterday, Daughter got a $16,000 Nursing scholarship to UAB...That's great news for us...just thought I would share..

That's awesome! And for you to save a little also. So when is the party? loller.gif

caglezxj said:
That's awesome! And for you to save a little also. So when is the party? loller.gif

No party right now...she just got back from dancing in the Macy's day parade in New York....gotta recover from that right now.

InDaShop said:
You got any pics of your step-daughter, a few of us are may be in the market for S/O upgrades. :popcorn:
LOL...I don't know if I would do that to any man....I feel sorry for whoever she eventually settles down with...she's high maintenance...

That is great. With times like these and what is ahead that will come in handy. I have a daughter that is turning into a hell of a soccer player, maybe she can use that to help through college when the time comes.

Let me know if she needs any help. I'll start my 3rd semester of 5 (after you actually get done with core and into nursing classes) in January. It's by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I just got out of a test I studied for a week for. Had to know everything there is to know about 40 different drugs.

bigsilly said:
That is great. With times like these and what is ahead that will come in handy. I have a daughter that is turning into a hell of a soccer player, maybe she can use that to help through college when the time comes.
Most definitely...she is extremely stoked...Now we just got to get her brother a basketball scholarship. West Alabama was looking at him and its still a maybe, but they signed someone else so they said he's next on their list. Now I gotta start bothering JUCO coaches to get out there and see him play he's sorta bummed right now...
TwinStick said:
Let me know if she needs any help. I'll start my 3rd semester of 5 (after you actually get done with core and into nursing classes) in January. It's by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I just got out of a test I studied for a week for. Had to know everything there is to know about 40 different drugs.
I will definitely keep you in mind when she gets there...thanks for the offer...

My wife is a nurse and it is a HARD program. My wife works locally as a CRNA at St. Vincents and has worked as an RN at UAB also. If your step-daughter ever needs help or guidance when she gets into her major just let me know and I will put her in contact with my wife. She is a great teacher.

Scholarships for ANY graduate program will be very competitive for the 09 admission year. Logic would say that undergrad scholarships will be tough to secure as well. Big ticket scholarships will be rare as well.

Thx guys....Matt O, I definitely will keep you in mind when when she gets further along in the program and we have to make some of those "which direction" or "whats the best option" decisions...BTW...I doomed for the next many years, we will have 3 in college at the same time....can you say broke SOB!!

Matt O. said:
My wife is a nurse and it is a HARD program. My wife works locally as a CRNA at St. Vincents and has worked as an RN at UAB also. If your step-daughter ever needs help or guidance when she gets into her major just let me know and I will put her in contact with my wife. She is a great teacher.

Your wife is a CRNA? After I get my RN next year I'm going back to get the CRNA degree. I'd really like to talk to her sometime about a few things if you don't mind. And you probably don't remember me, but I've wheeled with you a few years back, when your tj was on 36s (I thnk). I was pulling cable for you up some trail at gardendale.

Yeah I remember you, you are buddies with Bill Durham. My wife went to Samford for her masters and is a CRNA at St.Vincents. It is a great career. Good money and you can always get a job. I can put you in contact with her anytime, just holla.

Samford is a good program, got 4 friends in their CRNA program now. If I were to do anesthesia it would be my top pick. I've been out for 3 years and work CICU and CVOR @ UAB and Trinity. Nursing school isn't 'that' hard you just have to learn how they test, which took me a semester. Another thing is keeping up with the coursework while completeing all the BS busywork they give you. She won't have to make any big career decisions until she graduates and during clinicals she will figure out what she enjoys. If she has any questions I'd be glad to help as well.