• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stereo Issues On Solo Buggy

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I am having bad engine noise. It is the same stereo that was in the Single Seater without issue. I figured the NS-12 noise suppressor had gone bad so I ordered another. The test in this video is with both noise suppressors in line ( made no difference) and the hot wire is jumped straight to the battery.

Can't gas video on Tapatalk. Hold on while I go to a computer.

Re: Re: Stereo Issues On Solo Buggy

****, your finding things is wrong with it already? I'll come get it off your hands before you find more things wrong :****:

Re: Re: Stereo Issues On Solo Buggy

Pumpkin said:
A lot of times noise issues are in the ground side.
x2 in my experience. Wodlee prolly done it on purpose to mess with you.

muddinmetal said:
Only saw three things ever cause engine noise: ground strap, plug wires, and once a speaker in a brand new equinox did it for some odd reason :dunno:

Spend any amount of time in an equinox and you'll be screaming to get out too...

You got a ground strap that goes to the frame, or just to the engine?

Re: Re: Re: Stereo Issues On Solo Buggy

muddinmetal said:
Only saw three things ever cause engine noise: ground strap, plug wires, and once a speaker in a brand new equinox did it for some odd reason :dunno:

X eleventy seven. Check your grounds. Might have a pinched wire also. I dont know exactly what setup your running. But the issues I used to run into were grounds and bad RCA cables. I cant tell you how many cheapass install kits came with bad rca's right outta the box

Thanks guys. Found that if I took the wires off the alternator, it stopped. Ordering a new one and will install and report back.

grcthird said:
Spend any amount of time in an equinox and you'll be screaming to get out too...

You got a ground strap that goes to the frame, or just to the engine?

Get this: My mom, wife, step mom, and grandmother all drive an equinox... yeah

Mine was doing something similar with a popping noise when the engine was running . I had RCA cables run outside the firewall close the distributer. I moved all the wires away from the distributer and it stopped. Don't know if that will help but it fixed mine.

alanevans10 said:
Mine was doing something similar with a popping noise when the engine was running . I had RCA cables run outside the firewall close the distributer. I moved all the wires away from the distributer and it stopped. Don't know if that will help but it fixed mine.
Thanks. I will look into that, wires are an inch away from the distributor, but on the other side of the firewall.

Take a bare wire and ground it the stick one to the radio caseing see if that helps if so ground the mounting cage of the radio.