• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stroked 22r

muleskinner

Worth the money and time or would I be better off with going a different route?????? Or what are sum recommendations to get more power after I rebuild it with just motor on pane?????

we rebuilt my 22r back in the summer and I asked all my buddies the same questions...mine is a stock 22r on propane
everyone told me to just let her ride and it wasn't worth the extra change to try to "build" a 22r..

a friend of mine bought a 4.3 for his for a few hundred bucks, then had a tune put on it, and its a bad little v6...

some of the guys I ride with have 4 bangers that they put turbos on, and they came to life a lot!

just some ideas

What did they say about your valve springs are you going to use stock ones with their off road cam ?

Re: Re: Re: Stroked 22r

85buggy said:
I ordered a cam from lc engineering. It's their off road cam
Going in ASAP supposed to increase ho and torque.
I have that cam in my silver trucks 22RE.. it does feel stronger and torqueier

When I redid my 22r I pondered the "stroker" crank. But the price killed me on that crank. I took mine .40 over, had head decked, ported and polished, and went with engnbldr rv cam. I had less than $800 in it including machining.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Jcampbell54 said:
When I redid my 22r I pondered the "stroker" crank. But the price killed me on that crank. I took mine .40 over, had head decked, ported and polished, and went with engnbldr rv cam. I had less than $800 in it including machining.

Yea the price is why I haven't already done it....that's getting into V8 383 stroker money ha....where abouts u order that kit and cam from??

If I did any thing to a 22r I set 1 up for mild boost (12-17 psi) but I know little info on these motors my background :puke:is in Hondas wasn't hard to get 250- 300 hp on a stock bottom end boosted and more with better parts but the little ive looked 22r motor parts seem to be made of gold or platinum cus there priced stupid high and seems like the 3rz's are way betten IMHO do t know for sure as ive never owned one but never seen a built 22r re and there's gotta be a reason tho

I ordered everything from engnbldr. He's got a website. He's the guy when it comes to a 22r.

Best bang for your buck is the 35lb. flywheel from LCE it really helps on the bottom end. Like everyone else is saying these little motors don't make much power
but they are a reliable.

repairman said:
Best bang for your buck is the 35lb. flywheel from LCE it really helps on the bottom end. Like everyone else is saying these little motors don't make much power
but they are a reliable.
I have to disagree with you they are junk blow head gaskets sling rods regular!