• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Super Capable Toyota Crawler FS. Selling The Red Baron :(

Just got off the phone with a man from Minnesota that says we have a deal on rig and trailer. Claims he's going to send me a chunk of change to hold it until May, when he'll be down here visiting his sister and going to the Masters golf tourney. Haha wild phone conversation, old man had some stories. Could be full of crap, but if he sends me non refundable money to hold it, I'm not worried about credibility.

85toyo said:
The master are at the first of April.

He said he was gonna be in Augusta for 6 weeks and would like to pick my rig and trailer up on the way back to MN in the first of May. Gave me his word we had a done deal, so maybe he is serious about it. The way he talked, he had lived a helluva life and had a lot of money. He talked about some sort of illness he's dealing with now, but apparently he's still able to be active. He mentioned making a drug run to Florida from MN back in the 80's in a corvette in 17 hours, was in Vietnam, is now 68, went back to college while working full time and finished an engineering degree in his 40's, all sorts of crazy stories. He mentioned having some sort of race truck now....and some sort of souped up Audi that would fly, etc. I'm telling you man, crazy out of the blue phone conversation with this old man. I hope he ends up coming down and buying it, I want to talk to him more! :****:

TacomaJD said:
He said he was gonna be in Augusta for 6 weeks and would like to pick my rig and trailer up on the way back to MN in the first of May. Gave me his word we had a done deal, so maybe he is serious about it. The way he talked, he had lived a helluva life and had a lot of money. He talked about some sort of illness he's dealing with now, but apparently he's still able to be active. He mentioned making a drug run to Florida from MN back in the 80's in a corvette in 17 hours, was in Vietnam, is now 68, went back to college while working full time and finished an engineering degree in his 40's, all sorts of crazy stories. He mentioned having some sort of race truck now....and some sort of souped up Audi that would fly, etc. I'm telling you man, crazy out of the blue phone conversation with this old man. I hope he ends up coming down and buying it, I want to talk to him more! :****:

Anyone taking bets?

kmcminn said:
Anyone taking bets?

Like I said, I don't care about his credibility if he wants to send me a cashier's check for almost $2k like he mentioned. I told him half that would be sufficient molaugh

Hopefully. He had ample 4x4 knowledge and mentioned trying to recently buy a Jeep that was in Florida, but the guy wanted cash only, no cashiers check or money order, due to something about not wanting the gov't to be able to track the money being in his name so he told the guy to piss off if he didn't want to take his money lol. Interesting guy for sure :rolf:

$5 says it all works out for Josh... Unlike others, he is being trusting & patient with a man's word... and a $2000 non refundable check helps :****:

muddinmetal said:
$5 says it all works out for Josh... Unlike others, he is being trusting & patient with a man's word... and a $2000 non refundable check helps :****:

If it don't, I know a few friends that know a guy in Minnesota that knows a guy named Guido that can, well let's just say... :****:

Just got off the phone with him again for another 30 minute phone conversation. This dude is a trip! Talks about his girlfriend lives in Granada, Spain, and some more stories I can't even remember, from over the years. I'm telling you man, you can't make some of this **** up! And he is very intelligent about everything he says in his stories, like specific details. I really believe this guy has lived the fawk out of life while he's been alive.

Long story short, he is supposed to be sending me $900 through Walmart, then coming to look at it April the 11th or 12th to make sure everything checks out, then coming back by to pick it up a few weeks later when he departs Augusta, GA to head back to Minnesota.

Some interesting folks in the world :****:

Well maybe you can give him your screen name and password so he can post up some beer and casserole pics and some of dem stories while you off ridin marryin and whatnot and forgetting about your loyal HL fanbase!!:'(

infamous1 said:
Well maybe you can give him your screen name and password so he can post up some beer and casserole pics and some of dem stories while you off ridin marryin and whatnot and forgetting about your loyal HL fanbase!!:'(

The beer thread hasn't been updated lately. Must be the new kinder, sober JD. :dunno:

easleycrawler said:
The beer thread hasn't been updated lately. Must be the new kinder, sober JD. :dunno:

Got tired of posting here and Untappd and Facebook when I drink lol....was just too much social networking going on there. I'm the same old JD, bet that molaugh

Says he sent me $900 via Walmart and gave me a confirmation code! Dude is serious! Guess I can consider it either sold or that I have an extra $900 that I didn't have yesterday lol.

yotasteve said:
Do you still have this truck

I do, but a guy supposedly just sent me $900 to hold it for him. So currently, sale is pending until I know otherwise. Story above contains details on pending sale.

TacomaJD said:
I do, but a guy supposedly just sent me $900 to hold it for him. So currently, sale is pending until I know otherwise. Story above contains details on pending sale.
Well I just sat and read through 4 pages of this BS. I'm gonna catch up real quick.

We all told you she would make you sell it.

You suck keep it.

If this **** with craigslist works out for you I will drink a half case of busch with you at Mash Yer Motor Bash because you better still show lefty.

Carry on......

Re:

I still plan to be there somehow lol i got $900 cash from walmart today so the deal is legit this far at least.

Latest posts