• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Duty 60 prices?

Moto85

Bham, AL
I'm working on converting my tow rig to 4w. What are you guys paying for super duty front ends? 02-04 to be specific. Anyone have a good source, or just FLEbay/ junk yards?

If your truck is coil spring in the front now I would look into getting a 05 up front axle. they are coil spring and may be an easier conversion. I think the front axle would be the easy part. The transmission , t-case and speed sensors may be challenging.

pholmann said:
I have 50's and 60's. Your gonna pat about 450-550 for an actual 60 front. The 50's generally bring 200-300$.

Pretty much this...in NC the 05+ axles run around $550 and the 00-04 run around the same since its a D60 but they will pop up from time to time for $2-300. A buddy just recently got a set of matching 4.10 05+ axles out of a truck for $550. Don't totally dismiss the Sterling. It will take a whompin.

pholmann said:
I have 50's and 60's. Your gonna pat about 450-550 for an actual 60 front. The 50's generally bring 200-300$.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I knew y'all would know where to source these. My 2wd truck needs ball joints, TRE's, and wheel bearings. It added up to around 600$ when I was part shopping. I can buy a whole axle for that and at least be headed in the direction of 4 wheels turning. Pholman can I hit you up in a week or 2 to get one from you?

RustyC said:
If your truck is coil spring in the front now I would look into getting a 05 up front axle. they are coil spring and may be an easier conversion. I think the front axle would be the easy part. The transmission , t-case and speed sensors may be challenging.

Thanks Rusty, I looked into the 05+. It seemed like a few more hours worth of work, but may be well worth it.
I was planning on getting the axle in for now to get back wheeling, and then go back with a divorced 205 sometime in the future...

Moto85 said:
Awesome! Thanks guys. I knew y'all would know where to source these. My 2wd truck needs ball joints, TRE's, and wheel bearings. It added up to around 600$ when I was part shopping. I can buy a whole axle for that and at least be headed in the direction of 4 wheels turning. Pholman can I hit you up in a week or 2 to get one from you?

Of course man. Anytime. I'm here to help. My number is 865-582-1283. Call text or pm.

If your interested I have pretty much everything needed to do this swap on a super duty truck. B ot sure what your working on, I was gonna preform the swap and the 2wd truck I sourced everything for eluded me.