• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Joint Grease Gun

J.A.B

Who sells the grease guns and grease for super joints. Is it the same needle set up as the RCV's use?

Thanks

Mine came with Bostik never seize and found some on Amazon in a 2lb tube for a regular gun. I am not happy with the little gun the joints came with, I worry that the old grease is drying up and can't get the new grease to the cups because I have never been able to get it to come out of the cups. I know there is O-rings but my joints are 2 years old and the grease from install is still there and I think new grease is better

Thanks

I am in need of a gun as well. Looks like the needle set up that RCV uses might work.

You can get needles at any parts store, I am thinking about switching the flush mount zerk in for a regular and greasing that cup and changing back to the flush. I think it is hard to hold that needle in there and not make a mess

I bought my Yukon shafts and joints from Keith at off road connection. He assembled them and gave me a grease gun. I didn't ask for it so I assumed it came with the joints.

85toyo said:
I bought my Yukon shafts and joints from Keith at off road connection. He assembled them and gave me a grease gun. I didn't ask for it so I assumed it came with the joints.

all the superjoints I've bought (D44 and D60) came with little shitty needle tip grease guns.

TBItoy said:
all the superjoints I've bought (D44 and D60) came with little shitty needle tip grease guns.

That's what this is. I haven't used it yet so I cant say how well it works.

The little ones they come with but its hard to press it hard enough to get the grease in them and really hard on your hand I would be up for something else also !

So a regular needle attachment for a grease gun will work?

What's wrong with running regular grease?

The gun loses its "prime" and you can pump all day with no grease coming out. I usually have to put a screwdriver in from the bottom and press up on it while pressing the handle on the gun.

Re: Re: Super Joint Grease Gun

J.A.B said:
So a regular needle attachment for a grease gun will work?

What's wrong with running regular grease?
Yes they are regular needle fittings.

You need to run an extreme pressure grease for sliding/trunnion pin applications like CAT Desert Gold, Jax Dredge Guard2, Amsoil polymeric #2 or the like, since the trunnions dont have bearings.

(I think actual CV joint grease would probably work decent also)

The joints come with copper anti seize as grease... Which works OK too I reckon. Although it's not really formulated to provide long lasting lubrication... More so just to keep **** from galling as its installed

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
The gun loses its "prime" and you can pump all day with no grease coming out. I usually have to put a screwdriver in from the bottom and press up on it while pressing the handle on the gun.

They work a little better if you hold the gun upside down, but they still suck.

Re: Re: Super Joint Grease Gun

TBItoy said:
Yes they are regular needle fittings.

You need to run an extreme pressure grease for sliding/trunnion pin applications like CAT Desert Gold, Jax Dredge Guard2, Amsoil polymeric #2 or the like, since the trunnions dont have bearings.

(I think actual CV joint grease would probably work decent also)

The joints come with copper anti seize as grease... Which works OK too I reckon. Although it's not really formulated to provide long lasting lubrication... More so just to keep **** from galling as its installed

Thanks

Latest posts