• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Mega Ultra Extreme Dana 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

You can baby it and it live. Just takes one bad bounce and all your money is gone. Even Rubi 44s break ring gears.

Re:

ranger11 said:
You can baby it and it live. Just takes one bad bounce and all your money is gone. Even Rubi 44s break ring gears.
i think its gunna stand up to some bouncing, thats what i really want to find out.

Re: Re: Super Mega Ultra Extreme Dana 30

Here's my Dana 30 from last weekend, fully trussed, chromoshafts, gussets etc none of that mattered when the ring gear failed. Lol.

e9ac299ebbd376698600fc174df613aa.jpg

Where is the reputation feature when we need it?

Do you have an updated picture of this bouncer your building the axle for?

Re:

Sounds like the equivalent of a Toyota axle... You can build and upgrade everything to a point where it'll hold up to 40s..... Then the ring gear still breaks.

rednecklights said:
2d77bfe163fb88d006256a640582a0ff.jpg

He's a softy ! I knew it :)

Arkansas yes , queer probably not.

#truelove
#saltyjeepers
#battlefest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, them dang Arkansas guys making me look bad.

Re:

So much what the **** going on in here already...
Keep flapping the **** sucker, until you run across the wrong scale squeezer, then watch as your attitude gets adjusted.

Re:

I wouldn't spend the money on it but that's just me. I think the biggest thing you have going against you is the jeep. JKs are stupid heavy stock. Put that built D30 under a zuk and it'd be fine; might even handle 40s. Baby it with 37s & it'll probly last.

If you're so sure of it holding up, build it then let someone off here that knows what's going on drive it for you. I guarantee I can break a Dana 30 on a hill of my choice in a matter of minutes.

Elliott said:
If you're so sure of it holding up, build it then let someone off here that knows what's going on drive it for you. I guarantee I can break a Dana 30 on a hill of my choice in a matter of minutes.

I can break a d30 in the driveway,lol

:tc
ranger11 said:
Here's my Dana 30 from last weekend, fully trussed, chromoshafts, gussets etc none of that mattered when the ring gear failed. Lol.

e9ac299ebbd376698600fc174df613aa.jpg

Would a load bolt help with that Richard?

Neal3000 said:
:tc
Would a load bolt help with that Richard?
it wouldn't hurt, but it's still a tiny ring gear. If you save the ring gear, the pinion will likely go.

OP - Have fun flushing your money. By the time you realize everyone was right you'll be able to sell the axle to another jk guy for 1/3 of what you've got into it. Then you can spend about the same amount of money you dropped into the 30 on a basic d60 swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.