• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

suspension gods...

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
I'm about to order the coilovers for the yota, and I can't decide what springs I want. Here's the specs: chevy 350 w/alum. heads, sm465, 205, will have a 10or12,000lb winch on the front, and lots of tube. Here's a pic to show how the weight is centered.

a39-1.jpg

a33-1.jpg

They will be dual rate, 18" travel coilovers front/rear, with the fronts angled back about 15 degrees and the rears angled forward 4 degrees. I'll have 7" of uptravel and 4" air bumps. I definitely like to use the throttle and will be a frequent flyer, so I don't want it to be too soft and bottom out all the time but also don't want it so stiff that it only moves whem I'm jumping.

Edit: After dinking around I found that 18" travel springs are typically pretty stiff so I'm tempted to go triple rate. Can I go triple rate by just buying another collar? I'm thinking of going with a 16"300lb, over a 10"225lb, over a 10"150lb in the front and and 225/175/150 in the back. Or am I an idiot?

Call Drew at Poly Performance with all your specs. He can help you make the right choices. He was the shock expert at Sway-A-Way. If you've ever seen the flying silver Jeep in the Jp magazine ads, it's his Jeep.

You are going to need a good estimate of corner weights, this is what they will base your rates on.

Call King ..... and ask to talk to Brett King he will treat you right :awesomework: and he will swap out your coils if you don't like them as long as they are not scuffed up Awesome guy..... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Also you should call some speed shops to see if you can rent a scale set that way you get the #'s for all 4 corners

I guess I'll be the first to say it...

but 18" c/o's may be a little overkill.....

They will be mounted wierd with how tall the rig is..But its a monster so go with it...

Personally i had good results dealing with jason at S&N fab.