• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

Got a little more time in on this thing over the last few days. All of the welding, minus the skid plates is done.

I got the chassis off the table and back in the floor. Almost killing myself in the process. But the main section of the skid is cut and partially welded on, still have to cut the pieces for the boatsides and the engine/trans skid. All of the skid plate material is 3/16" AR400 plate.

I'm hoping I can get the skids finished up tomorrow and then it will be ready for paint.

hokie_yj said:
Got a little more time in on this thing over the last few days. All of the welding, minus the skid plates is done.

I got the chassis off the table and back in the floor. Almost killing myself in the process. But the main section of the skid is cut and partially welded on, still have to cut the pieces for the boatsides and the engine/trans skid. All of the skid plate material is 3/16" AR400 plate.

I'm hoping I can get the skids finished up tomorrow and then it will be ready for paint.

bout time :****:

I was always afraid to permanently close one in like that, it'd be my luck something would **** the bed and there'd be that ONE BOLT I couldn't get to. molaugh Buggy is lookin good fa sho. Can't wait to see it finished. :dblthumb:

Thanks man! The way this chassis was built everything has to come out the top anyway. The whole bottom of the chassis is welded solid, I'm really just skinning it. I tried to make sure I would be able to get to all the bolts from the top or through the side of the chassis. Hopefully I didn't miss something stupid. Changing fluids in the trans and t-case may be a different story. I guess I'll have to cut some drain holes in there somewhere. molaugh

Over the last few days I've been working here and there on finishing up the skids. I got them done today. And I'm about to head back out to the shop to spend my Friday night slapping some paint on this thing.

Got 2/3rds or so of the painting done tonight. My back was getting stiff from all the bending over so I stopped for the night. Hopefully I can knock it out tomorrow.

dwa2469 said:
^^^^^^is that the Dr.'s buggy???
It's a friend of mine who is a Dr yes. Sxor buggy I did a bunch of work on awhile ago. Single seater turned two seater. Hopefully you like the person riding with you. molaugh

That's a good looking buggy! I can't imagine stuffing two seats in one of these chassis. It's tight as hell for just me, but I'm a fatass. Lol.

I split a sheet of the plate with another guy. I want to say I paid $150 for the 5x5 piece. It's been a while though, could have been more than that.

I got the chassis paint finished up today. Probably could use another coat, but I am not doing that again. Lol. I'll just touch up spots that need it as I find them.

Gonna give it a day or so to cure then hopefully start hanging the suspension and axles. Actually I still need to paint the axles too, but that shouldn't take too long.