• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

It's tight, but I can turn it by grabbing the knuckle without too much effort. I had to loosen the little plastic plugs in the ports though to let the air out. Before that it was difficult.

When I was checking the steering clearance at full lock I used an air hose to cycle it back and forth.

hokie_yj said:
It's tight, but I can turn it by grabbing the knuckle without too much effort. I had to loosen the little plastic plugs in the ports though to let the air out. Before that it was difficult.

When I was checking the steering clearance at full lock I used an air hose to cycle it back and forth.

Yeah thats what psc tol me to do. Thanks

Resurrecting this thread from near death. I worked on the buggy today for the first time since April.

Last week I finally got the motor back from tuning. Today was the first chance I've had since then to work on it any.

Today I got the motor back in and all bolted up. I also got the radiator, trans cooler, oil accumulator, and steering reservoir mounted. And I also got the ECM mounted and the harness routed.

Getting the motor back was the biggest hold up since this whole thing is basically built around the drivetrain. Hopefully it won't be so long until the next update.

I guess I need to update this thread and explain why there hasn't been any progress in 3 months. Not that anyone really cares, Haha.

Two days after I last updated this thread this happened at the plant I work in:

https://youtu.be/17sxCwrWpuc

The repair and rebuilding effort has been huge. Literally thousands of people working around the clock for the last three+ months. I've been working 12hr night shifts continuously since it happened. I'm sitting here at work typing this before I head home to crawl in bed. I've had maybe 8 days off since that day, and on those few days I've pretty much done nothing but sleep. To say I'm exhausted would be a huge understatement. So as you can imagine I haven't laid a finger on the buggy. I've only cracked the shop door a couple times when I'm dragging home in the mornings to make sure it's still there. Haha.

But I promise as soon as this is all over and I get my life back this thing will be finished!

You need to take about 2-3 more years finishing this up, then hit me up to buy the yj buggy. I should be ready to get back into wheeling about then.

Well after 115 days of the nightmare at work I've finally been back on my regular schedule for a couple of weeks. I've managed to find a little time here and there to get in the shop and piddle on this thing.

I got the headers installed.

And the brake lines buttoned up.

Oil accumulator plumbed.

And got started on the fuel system plumbing. The line will leave the filter to a ball valve to kill fuel in an emergency, then rearward to the fuel rail.

Rollover catch can for the fuel cell.

Also got started on the new longer rear driveshaft. The tubing is cut, just have to fit it all up and weld it up. Originally the front and rear shafts were the same lengths, but moving the rear axle back ~ 8" necessitated a longer rear drive shaft. The old rear shaft will be a spare front now, and I'll eventually build another rear shaft for a spare.

Still have quite a bit of plumbing to do. I miscalculated on the fittings and hose I was going to need so I had to order more stuff. Most of that was delivered today. Then I guess it's on to wiring.