• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXS on the road in AL

mtnride

Twice in as many days I've seen a guy driving a 1000 RZR on 431 coming over the mountain from downtown Huntsville. It was during rush hour traffic. Speed limit on this road, where I saw him, was 55mph and 65 mph. I called an officer friend of mine from HPD to ask if a new law had passed. Anyone know what's up? BTW The RZR was tagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some friends of mine have theirs tagged and drive them on the road pretty often......I've never asked any details. I'm located in Warrior/Hayden, AL.

This sxs was at the bank the other day. It was not tagged that I could see though....
f29770684adec1f8a2d16082c3c1306f.jpg
c7618e60c474ad888d8c294f4abb8cbf.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back in the 90s i had a honda odyesse. I put tail lights and a tag on it and i drove it everywhere. Never got pulled over or questioned about it. In Alabama if it has a vin#, brake lights, 1 mirror, and insurance u can drive it on the road.

MoparMan said:
This sxs was at the bank the other day. It was not tagged that I could see though....
f29770684adec1f8a2d16082c3c1306f.jpg
c7618e60c474ad888d8c294f4abb8cbf.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

That looks like one I see in Smoke Rise from time to time. I see several non-tagged atv's, dirtbikes, and side by sides riding around up there pretty regularly. Can't say I am not guilty myself, but typically don't ride down to the bank or the gas stations either. Try to stay off the main roads if we ride on the street.

I just spoke with the license department in Madison County. The clerk told me that side-by-side's are not currently legal on Alabama roads but will most likely be legal the first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Yellowyj, that's probably it. I took that picture was taken at the Traditions Bank right there at the entrance to Smokerise.