• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

t case bracket ?

chef717

I've got a straight 6... 280-300 hp... a 727 and a d 300{4 to 1}. would you fellas recommend a t case bracket ?

al1tonyota said:
molaugh molaugh molaugh

Must be stroked? Anyways to the question a Dana 300 had a tortion mount built in to the trans mount factory?
my set up does not have the torsion mount... everyone seams to be surprised when i pop my hood ... you know ... because of the green paint and all !!!

chef717 said:
my set up does not have the torsion mount... everyone seams to be surprised when i pop my hood ... you know ... because of the green paint and all !!!
Basically all it was was a piece of angle that bolted between the trans mount and the trans and stuck out one side prob 10" or so and had a 2" rubber mount that bolted down threw the skid plate

I know I know the set up you're talking about . I did some research and it would seem that a lot of the guys without doublers do not use a transfer case bracket and seem to be ok...

The jasper reman/5 speed/300 in the scrambler I keep at the shop torques up and moves around a good bit, new bushings factory mounts with the little torque bar. It moves around enough to get my attention at times, I'd play it safe and run a support.

FlatlandFSJ said:
The jasper reman/5 speed/300 in the scrambler I keep at the shop torques up and moves around a good bit, new bushings factory mounts with the little torque bar. It moves around enough to get my attention at times, I'd play it safe and run a suppor
heard that. found some threads on just welding on bushings or making plates that bolt on . I lost my mind and cut my scrambler up. call it stupidity ... a mid life crisis or what ever, I'm here now!! lol

Im assuming the transmission is set up similar? Poly at the chassis side?

I used my 300 as a skid plate for a while without a tcase mount. I wouldn't worry about it.