• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

T-MAX winch

London Gentleman

Has anybody here ran a T-MAX winch. I like the looks of them (look like most others, anyway) and have heard a few good things about them. But they are new, and haven't had much press, I don't think. I know I will get the die hard loyaists of mainstay (Warn...) winch companies, which is fine. But I do want input on these particular winches. I have heard no complaints, just scattered praises, namely that they are, and have been, submergable.... Thanks!

The last time I talked to the guys at HBRK they were using them and liked them. I have not used or been around one in use though.

I have had one for about 4 years now. Works everytime. Got a little hot in febuary, but under the sircumstances any winch would of.

I have had one for about 4 years now. Works everytime. Got a little hot in febuary, but under the sircumstances any winch would of.

well, it is a jeep you drive:fawkdancesmiley: aside from the price that is the only thing holding me back from buying one right now, although when you think about it, it's not much more, and the amount of use it would get over the years, especially wheeling with EBs in the near future:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

I ran into the rep. in Moab and took a chance on them.
I was ordering them by the pallet load for about three years with no problems.
The problem I had was they then sold to one of my suppliers,force raised my price and so I went direct with Mile Marker.
Have had no problem with either Brand

well, it is a jeep you drive:fawkdancesmiley: aside from the price that is the only thing holding me back from buying one right now, although when you think about it, it's not much more, and the amount of use it would get over the years, especially wheeling with EBs in the near future:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

My Jeep did it fine, it was the zuk's, FS chevy, and XJ's that got it hot. But Overall there a good winch, parts are cheap and readily available, and they can pull more.

I thought about becoming an online dealer for T-max. They offered it to me, but I dont think I would have the time.

i have the 12,500 with 125' of masterpull line on it, no problems, big motor and great gearing, never quits pulling, and its just as slow as anything out there, the only problem i have is with the wireless control, the only thing that holds the battery in place is a bunch of double sided tape, there wasnt enough in there from the factory so it would fall out of its contacts, added some more and it solved the problem, and it works all the way out to the 125 of rope, which is handy for me

Has anybody submerged theirs in mud/water? I have talked to a few people about that and one said they sank their truck deep in gumbo, ruined the engine, practically tore out the radiator with the force, and just washed off the winch and kept on-a -usin' it....

:masturbanana[1]:

The Summit winches are TMAX winches and are 100 cheaper than a tmax

Are you sure of this? How can you tell? I know about the Harbour Freight/Mile Marker thing, so this doesn't seem out of place. Sometimes, they are the "same" product, but have cheaper internals, or something. Like Hobart and Miller welders.....?

Are you sure of this? How can you tell? I know about the Harbour Freight/Mile Marker thing, so this doesn't seem out of place. Sometimes, they are the "same" product, but have cheaper internals, or something. Like Hobart and Miller welders.....?

it was talked about on pbb a while ago. plus if you go to the winch on summit's page and download the instructions/pdf file it is a TMAX instruction pdf.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D930002&N=700+400304+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/instructions.asp?File=sum-930002.pdf

Last edited: