• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya

hoss250

I heard a rumor that some of Tahuya was recently closed because of illegal dumping. I went last year and was wondering if the area had been reduced at all. Just wondering if the info was wrong or if anybody has any info on this, or any updates from the March first meeting. Thank you.

Last edited:
i don't know about real recently. but some of the areas that used to be on the map aren't there. and i read an article about them shutting down a lot of user built trails and blocking the atv trails that 4x4's were running. there was also something about the fact, that the place was getting trashed. don't know the details. i've only read bits and pieces over the years.

You'll find more info on Tahuya over at Jon's board. He's JOOP over here, click on his user name for a link to his board. A lot of Tahuya users over in Kitsap and that's kinda Jon's backyard.

The timber Tamers are headed there this weekend.....I thought there was a lot of reworking of the trails this last year, but im not totally sure what they did

Tahuya is flat and boring for 4 wheeling. Motorcycles and quads are the only thing worth going there for.

You could drive a honda car through most of it

Thats just a rumor. Trails are still open. They closed a bunch of the trails about 3 years ago for logging, but it re-opened 2 years ago with new trails. The Quadrapaws and my group of volunteer's will soon be building the XXX trail pretty soon. That wont be no cake walk. :awesomework:

The Quadrapaws and my group of volunteer's will soon be building the XXX trail pretty soon. That wont be no cake walk. :awesomework:
when are you guys starting? i'll be moving to gig harbor in july, when my contract is up with the marine corp? need help? i'll need people to wheel with that far south :hi: .

so what happened with the north loop then? last i saw it was closed. i used to ride bikes there when i was a kid. and there was a loop on the other side of goat ranch road... so it's not myth that they are shutting down trails.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/dataandmaps/maps/pdf/tahuya_both.pdf

Last edited:
North loop has been closed for some time now. Before I moved up here. 2002.

Dont know an exact date for the new trail but hopefully soon. I'm going to try and make it to the next QP meeting and find out what were waiting for.

South loop was closed briefly for fire clean up a while back, other than that, I haven't heard wind of any recent trail closures.

Last edited:
Yeah, I went last Sunday, all the trails are open. A xxx trail huh?? Considering that all of Tahuya is 2wd cakewalk..... something with a little challenge would be nice.

like 4 years ago, when you enter the 4x4 trail from effendall pass rd.. take the first right. and one of the other turns. there was a really sick down hill. is that still on the trail, or an atv or closed? i wish i had pics. but that's the harriest and steepest hill i've seen on the 4x4 trails in tahuya. seen worse on the bike trails out there.

Alrite well i did some digging looks like there are closures going on up there rite now. None of which are perminant by the sounds of it the state is going in and cleaning up some possible hazards to riders. and removing and redoing some access roads and such
HERES THE LINK
http://www.dnr.wa.gov/htdocs/lm/recreation/tahuya/index.html

Yeah, those are all closures to the ATV/MOTORCYCLE trails. I was there last Sunday, and all the truck trails are open.
And since all the restructuring and logging, you can't get to that downhill section from the trailhead, rooinator. They have done log "guardrails" in sections that they don't want you in.
In the past out there, you made your own trail........well, cause the trtails sucked.
Hey JOOP, where do you live in Bummertown???

Yeah, those are all closures to the ATV/MOTORCYCLE trails. I was there last Sunday, and all the truck trails are open.
And since all the restructuring and logging, you can't get to that downhill section from the trailhead, rooinator. They have done log "guardrails" in sections that they don't want you in.
In the past out there, you made your own trail........well, cause the trtails sucked.
Hey JOOP, where do you live in Bummertown???

Nope I live in Brema-lo :redneck:

But yes I do, where you from?

Latest posts