by camp spillman
so from there I went hard right and ended up on a motorcycle trail
it use to be one of the main trails from that point
it was tight (Not Full size friendly) and dug up
it was as challenging as Elbe!
it ended up at the mud hole
I didn't have much time so I didn't do a lot of pokeing around
but things have changed!

The main entrance should still be open, or atleast it was a week or so ago.

So did the quadrapaws dig out some of the trails or was it all from erosion. I know they are suppose to start digging it out soon. Maybe Travis will chime in and fill us in. Because If it's dig out, I'm heading out there after work or somehting to check it out.

How much water is in mud lake? Is it starting to dry up?

Hair said:
it was tight (Not Full size friendly) and dug up
it was as challenging as Elbe!
it ended up at the mud hole
Nice, you went on a motorcycle trail with a full size. You realize that's one quick way to get the trails closed to 4x4, don't you? It's actions like that why the motorcycle community resents 4x4s so much. I have been working hard the last several years to bridge that gap and all it takes is one idiot to fawk it all up for everyone. In their eyes, it's the same as paving a 4x4 trail and I can't blame them for being upset.
STAY ON THE TRAILS! That also means the trails they are designated.

Comet said:
Nice, you went on a motorcycle trail with a full size. You realize that's one quick way to get the trails closed to 4x4, don't you? It's actions like that why the motorcycle community resents 4x4s so much. I have been working hard the last several years to bridge that gap and all it takes is one idiot to fawk it all up for everyone. In their eyes, it's the same as paving a 4x4 trail and I can't blame them for being upset.

*(must come out of hibernation for this one)

I agree stay on trails that were designated for specific vehicle use, BUT...
how come the motorcycle's NEVER do... and they tear up trails faster on a 4x4 trails than a 4x4 does, being 2w and spinning / cutting the trails...

i think it's a one way problem... see a 4x4 on a moto trail... out come the law.
but a bike on a 4x4 trail... it's ok? bull... they bother and disrupt the whole scene, not to mention... they don't like us on they're trails... right?

so, ok... agreed... and the main trail head is still open across from the staging area. Tahuya has gotten a small facelift... nothing even close to ElBE.

*(ok, back into Hibernation mode...)

Comet said:

mmmkkk so i dirtbike and 4 wheel and mountain bike for that matter and i for one dont really mind just as long as they dont take up the entire trail and make it impossible to pass on a dirtbike. I was talking to a friend yesterday and he said "I like the 4 wheelers when they are there, just cause its so funny to watch!" Lauphter of course insued after this. So i dont know i think its usually one dirtbiker or one 4 wheeler that screws it up for everyone so just be careful!

Just don't go where you aren't supposed to go. Let's not bicker and argue about this or that.

We all need to respect the different classes of wheeling. Wether it be 4x4 bike or quad, we all like doing the same thing. We need to stick together to keep our public lands public.

ZukPirate said:
*?

so, ok... agreed... and the main trail head is still open across from the staging area. Tahuya has gotten a small facelift... nothing even close to ElBE.

*(ok, back into Hibernation mode...)

No I think he's saying the quadrapaws have dug out the trail they want to use for their June 10th event. I know they were suppose to start digging soon. From what I heard it's not until saturday though. I'll run out there in a day or 2 and find out.

I am and was sorry about getting on that trail
it use to be one of the main routes
I could not turn around!
so I went on

the main trailhead and across from spllman was closed when I was out there

thats why I went in the way I did
and I assume that it was a bike trail because of the tightness
but my little Bronco II fit with no body damage

Zuk, do I really need to respond to that?:rolleyes: I mean seriously.
War-Jeeper, you are unique. It is the same philosophy why I don't like seeing full size trucks on a tight Jeep trail. After a while, the trail becomes a highway, no longer tight and not as much fun. Do I really need to explain this also?:rolleyes:
Hair, I understand it was a mistake and believe you. As moderator of this forum and very active in the ORV community trying to keep trails open I fully understand the issues and have made a committment to Crash that there will be no posting of pics of illegal activity, or threads about running illegal trails on his board. They will be deleted with a follow up message from me or Crash to the poster as to why. However, in this case, I truly believe it was an accident, especially if it used to be open for 4x4s. I was waiting for your reply, and if you took an attitude, I was going to delete this thread. However, you recognized your mistake and fessed up and took it like a man. So I am leaving this, and hopefully others can also see and learn.

BOTTOM LINE FOR EVERYONE: Trails are marked for dirtbikes, quads, and 4x4s for a reason. If there is not a little Jeep picture, the trail is not for 4x4 use. Period. It is not up to us to decide which trail we can use. We must obey the signs. Remember, closing a trail is a lot easier for the powers that be than maintaining it and keeping it open. Wheeling is a privledge, not a right.

Ok, I'm off my soap box...continue on!:D

KarlVP said:
Just don't go where you aren't supposed to go. Let's not bicker and argue about this or that.

We all need to respect the different classes of wheeling. Wether it be 4x4 bike or quad, we all like doing the same thing. We need to stick together to keep our public lands public.

agreed 1000%.

To everybody: abuse a privilege and it WILL go away, which part of that don't we understand?? :rolleyes:

keep it up abusers and you WILL be on the porch talking about the good ol" days of wheeling. :wink:

Dude said:
agreed 1000%.

To everybody: abuse a privilege and it WILL go away, which part of that don't we understand?? :rolleyes:

keep it up abusers and you WILL be on the porch talking about the good ol" days of wheeling. :wink:

True True, and i for one dont wanna talk about "the good ol' days"

Well on Hair's Behalf, not all the trails out at Tahuya are marked. I know which are which because I live out there. :rolleyes:. But I made the same mistake once very long ago.

OK I ran out there today to see how tough Tahuya was. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't waste my gas earlier this week. It's still the same, they haven't dug it out yet. So if your saying the trail is as hard as Elbe??:rolleyes: I have never been to elbe but I heard its really easy. :flipoff:

JOOP said:
OK I ran out there today to see how tough Tahuya was. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't waste my gas earlier this week. It's still the same, they haven't dug it out yet. So if your saying the trail is as hard as Elbe??:rolleyes: I have never been to elbe but I heard its really easy. :flipoff:

Elbe ain't nothing... soon the zuk will be there again. came back from running it on momma's day... it's looking really good up there. but now after seeing, the noobie run pictures... i think i'm gonna have a long drive coming up. :D

Reiter looks like it just plain rocks... I'm just skeered to death of hyw 2.

ZukPirate said:
Elbe ain't nothing... soon the zuk will be there again. came back from running it on momma's day... it's looking really good up there. but now after seeing, the noobie run pictures... i think i'm gonna have a long drive coming up. :D

Reiter looks like it just plain rocks... I'm just skeered to death of hyw 2.
Don't be scared........it's the state sponsered highway of death!..:wtf: We all get there sooner or later.

JOOP said:

Sorry for being long on the reply.

There's been a few changes. The entrance accross from the staging area had been torn up a littl emore to keep undesireables out. You know, toyotas, suzuki's, etc. :flipoff:

The entrance right across from Spillman is closed. Too many were using it as a high speed expressway in to Spillman. SO, a new entrance for 4x4's was plumbed in. Right across from the kaminga entrance (the "T" in the road right before spillman) is a new 4x4 entrance. This used to be a bike and I think quad entrance only... now it's for 4x4's as well.

We haven't done major backhoe excavation yet.. the Tahuya trail work crew may do some tearing up here and there. But the "XXX" trail that we will be putting in has a goal to stop or challenge a rig running large tires. Think craters, logs, and rocks. Think larger than 38/39" tires. (WOOHOO!) This might not be a simple weekend job to do it right, so we'll be planning that one later this year I believe.

If anyone is looking for Tahuya status, you can PM me on snort or pirate. I don't get on this board every day.