• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tbi wiring

tommy450r

Anybody here ever cut down a harness for chevy tbi? I am picking up a complete harness this weekend an I might give it a shot myself so any help would be great thanks..

Also if someone may be interested in cutting it down I could ship it to ya if the price is right.

Re: Re: Tbi wiring

There is a ton of info, diagrams, etc on tbi.

It's pretty simple to weed out what you don't need.

I say tackle it yourself and you'll learn about how and why the efi works

I would also suggest not using factory Chevy tbi, unless you are swapping in a stock tbi motor and plan to leave it that way

im swaping the tbi over to old school sbc its bone stock an my plan was to leave it that way for now an later on maybe do a cam swap an different heads

You would need tooling to repin old brittle sensors or you have to but splice wires back together.
I have done both. Buying the harness with new relays and fuses is well worth it.

RustyC said:
You would need tooling to repin old brittle sensors or you have to but splice wires back together.
I have done both. Buying the harness with new relays and fuses is well worth it.

As stated above when I cut my old harness down it was brittle and the pins were corroded . I spent $275 for a new harness that cut out un needed crap and plug and play 10 minutes later my motor ran....Even came with a check engine light and an OBD port.

jeepmedic said:
As stated above when I cut my old harness down it was brittle and the pins were corroded . I spent $275 for a new harness that cut out un needed crap and plug and play 10 minutes later my motor ran....Even came with a check engine light and an OBD port.

Where did u find one for 275?? Also what year computer did it run?

I found a junk tbi truck 95 model I believe I can buy everything I need for 50 bucks off of it.

tommy450r said:
Where did u find one for 275?? Also what year computer did it run?

I found a junk tbi truck 95 model I believe I can buy everything I need for 50 bucks off of it.

Affordable Fuel injection. I run a 7747 computer out of a 1987 R10 Chevy Truck. You can get one at any parts store with a warranty for $125.

Wimpy kid on here had one cut down by a guy in knoxville tn..worked perfect...pm him he may get you hooked up..

Also what about running a cam on the tbi can it be done an run right or is that out of the question. I'd just like a small cam for the sound but it's no big deal if I can't run one later on I will build the motor an swap fuel systems anyway

I would be happy to have 350hp all I've got is a stock 4 bolt main 350 with 882 heads. I am going to put a aftermarket intake long tube headers and maybe a small cam in it if it will run right with one.

And later on down the road throw some good heads an a little more work at it with some type of aftermarket fuel injection.